Boss Dungeon: Chamber of Ash

• WARNING: WALL OF TEXT INCOMING

This post will most likely be edited many times.
    Edit list can be found at the bottom of this post.

More sprites coming soon, old ones are based on another game so new one's must be made. The dungeon name I have decided on is Chamer of Ash. The boss is the Warden of Embers.

Sprites:

Warden of Embers:
    alt text alt text alt text

About 10 months ago or so, I thought it would be neat to have a dark souls themed boss and or gear set. Winter was going to work on it, but then stuff happened, and with the copyright rule it won't be allowed. I put a fair amount of time into the boss however, and thought it could still work if the name and sprite were changed. There is also a video of my idea of what these attacks would look like from a post I made forever ago at the end of this post.

Link to map file: Chamber of Ash

So... I dug up the behavior pattern ideas out of my message history, and here they are.
    These are the original unedited plans, so I will most likely edit them in the future, as the damage of these attacks is very high, maybe a little to high.

Warden of Embers Stats:
    HP: 200,000
    Defense: 35
    Immune to stasis, daze, paralysis, stun, and slowed.

Drops:
    Oryx 3 drop table, Enkindled Spear at a 0.5% drop rate.

General Info:

The portal would take you straight into a single area, much like Oryx's Chamber. The boss would be waiting for you in the center of the map.

alt text

This dungeon is meant to be done in small groups, to keep people in small groups, the soulbound damage threshold should be very high compared to other dungeons.

These phases have no specific order, and would just happen somewhat randomly similar to oryx 1 phases, these are just much shorter.

After the first player enters the map, Boss will wait 15 seconds, and be invulnerable during this time.

When the 15 seconds have passed, he will start with the leap strike, directed at the farthest player from him. From here, he would cycle through phases randomly.

What he does in each phase:

Leap Strike
    From his current position, he does a "jump" like Limon does at the player farthest from him, stopping almost on top of them. When he stops, he stays put until his slash is complete. His slash consists of 18 separate shots. The first shot would be 90 degrees to the side of the player, and each shot after would be fired 10 degrees in the other direction. For example, if he shot first to the player's left, the next shot would be 10 degrees to the right, and the next one 20, and so on. He would fire a shot every .1 seconds after the first was fired.

Projectile: alt text
    The shots would have a lifetime of 1.3 seconds, and move at a speed of about 5.4 tiles/second. Each shot would deal 120 damage and ignore armor. The range should be about 7 tiles.

Lunge
    From his current position, he does a limon "jump" at the player farthest from him, stopping almost on top of them. (just like the start of the leap strike). When he lands, he stays put while he fires 5 shots in rapid succession (about .07 seconds in between each) directly towards the nearest player.

These shots would have a lifetime of .7 seconds and move at a speed of 10 tiles/second.
    Each shot would deal 180 damage and ignore armor. The range should be about 7 tiles.

Slash Combo
    While moving at a speed of 2.5 tiles/second toward the nearest player, he will fire 4 slashes of 5 shots, similar to a knight shield bash. The shots would have a spread of 10 degrees, and the middle shot would be aimed directly at the nearest player. After the first slash, he would fire another every .333 seconds (until he got to 4 total slashes)

These shots would have a lifetime of .45 seconds and a speed of 16 tiles/second.
    Each shot would deal 120 damage and ignore armor. The range should be about 7 tiles.

Strike Combo
    While moving at a speed of 1.5 tiles/second toward the nearest player, he will fire 9 shots toward the player, like a half sized version of the Leap Strike shots. They would have a spread of 10 degrees and the first shot of the spread would be 40 degrees to the left or the right of the player. So if the first shot was to the left of the player position, the last would be to the right of where the player was. After these shots, he would fire a burst of 5 shots with a spread of 5 degrees. The center shot would be fired directly at the nearest player. After this, he would repeat the 9 shot attack, starting on the opposite side of the player from when he did before, so if the first one started to the player's left, this one would be to the right.

These shots would have a lifetime of 1.4 seconds and a speed of 5 tiles/second.
    Each shot would deal 200 damage and ignore armor. The range should be about 7.

Kick and Grab
    Boss would rush toward the nearest player at 7 tiles per second, when within 2 tiles he would stop and do a burst of 5 shots, with a spread of 5 degrees, followed by 7 shots in quick succession, similar to the 9 shot attack above (starting to one side of the player, and moving 10 degrees each time)

The burst of shots would have a lifetime of .27 seconds and a speed of 17 tiles of per second.
    The shots would deal 30 damage each and ignore armor, and inflict stun for 3 seconds. The range should be about 4.5 on these shots.

The shots in the 7 shot attack would have the same lifetime, speed, and range, but would deal no damage, and would paralyze the player.

After this attack, he would become invulnerable and move toward the nearest player at 1.8 tiles/second, then fire a burst of 8 shots with a spread of 45 degrees, each dealing 85 damage, at a speed of 10 tiles per second, and a lifetime of .4 seconds. This would give them a range of 4 tiles. After attacking he would be no longer invulnerable. If possible, this attack would only happen if the previous attack paralyzed a player, as it would put Boss directly on top of them.

"Idle" Phase
    Since not all attacks involve a lot of moving, this phase would cause Boss to go invulnerable and move toward the nearest player at 6.5 tiles per second, for 3 seconds.

I was asked for xmls for the shots of each phase, so these were made forever ago also:

This is for the Leap Strike Phase

<Projectile>
    <ObjectId>slash</ObjectId>
    <Speed>50</Speed>
    <MinDamage>120</MinDamage>
    <MaxDamage>120</MaxDamage>
    <LifetimeMS>1400</LifetimeMS>
    <Size>110</Size>
    <MultiHit/>
    <ArmorPiercing/>
    </Projectile>

This is for the Lunge Phase

<Projectile>
    <ObjectId>stab</ObjectId>
    <Speed>93</Speed>
    <MinDamage>180</MinDamage>
    <MaxDamage>180</MaxDamage>
    <LifetimeMS>755</LifetimeMS>
    <Size>110</Size>
    <MultiHit/>
    <ArmorPiercing/>
    </Projectile>

This is for the Slash Combo Phase

<Projectile>
    <Speed>144.5</Speed>
    <MinDamage>120</MinDamage>
    <MaxDamage>120</MaxDamage>
    <LifetimeMS>485</LifetimeMS>
    <Size>110</Size>
    <MultiHit/>
    <ArmorPiercing/>
    </Projectile>

This is for the Strike Combo Phase

<Projectile>
    <Speed>47</Speed>
    <MinDamage>200</MinDamage>
    <MaxDamage>200</MaxDamage>
    <LifetimeMS>1500</LifetimeMS>
    <Size>110</Size>
    <MultiHit/>
    <ArmorPiercing/>
    </Projectile>

This is for the Kick and Grab

<Projectile>
    <ObjectId>White Flame</ObjectId>
    <Speed>155</Speed>
    <MinDamage>30</MinDamage>
    <MaxDamage>30</MaxDamage>
    <LifetimeMS>290</LifetimeMS>
    <Size>100</Size>
    <MultiHit/>
    <ArmorPiercing/>
    </Projectile>

This is for the explosion

<Projectile>
    <ObjectId>stab</ObjectId>
    <Speed>100</Speed>
    <MinDamage>85</MinDamage>
    <MaxDamage>85</MaxDamage>
    <LifetimeMS>400</LifetimeMS>
    <Size>105</Size>
    <MultiHit/>
    <ArmorPiercing/>
    </Projectile>

Here's the video of what attacks would look like, or what I thought they could look like.
    A new sprite will be made soon.

Edit #1: Link to map file added.
    Edit #2: Added Paralysis and stun to immunities.
    Edit #3: Boss Sprite added, 1 frame so far.
    Edit #4: Name for dungeon and boss.
    Edit #5: Added Weapon
    Edit #6: Improved Sprite
    Edit #7: Put in map picture, thanks to pringle for getting picture.
    Edit #8: Added projectile sprites.

• RototoLyfe

interesting! i like the vid. the boss sprite is a bit unshaded though.

• RototoLyfe

This post is deleted!

• Creativity Cafe ☕

Pretty cool sprites.
    Interesting moves.
    +10_1466555571699_Post33.PNG

• Detective

you wrote immunities but you totally forgot about paralyze and stun if 50 people go in this dungeon imagine 10 knights stunning the fuck out of that boss and archers just quivering his asshole. it will be like o2 but with better loot and it was easier to kill

• @"its-That-Guy." If that happened nobody would get loot, since it would have a very high sb damage requirement. I will still add those immunities though, para and stun would kinda ruin the fight.

• Creativity Cafe ☕

The arm on the sprite bugs me a lot.

Though i would like to have a Dark soul theme dungeon.
    I'll wait until it is finished to give my detailed analyse.

• @xlindowlx I'll try to change the arm up, I meant to shade it too but forgot. I still need to animate it so I'll fix the arm up when I do that.

• +1000
    I really want this ingame. A cool souls-inspired dungeon to go along with it would be great, but I understand that's a far-fetched demand.

Anyway, I'd love to see this once it's done being tweaked and finished.

• Noah's Ark ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@xlindowlx said in Boss Dungeon: Chamber of Ash:

The arm on the sprite bugs me a lot.

Though i would like to have a Dark soul theme dungeon.
    I'll wait until it is finished to give my detailed analyse.

Same
    Its just
    Ech

• RototoLyfe

nice sprite! the arm IS a bit buggy though. like said above. But anyways, i dont think the body looks too well.

• Creativity Cafe ☕

Dank sprites gj

• Infamous Forumers

@ST3VE I like this good luck

• Everlasting Destiny

I like it :3 I can see you put a lot of thought and work on this.

But uh are there any sprites for any walking patterns at all? I guess it'd be fine if it just stayed the same position it is right now, but it'd seem a little bit weird :P

For the Enklinded Spear...ehh i'd argue it's a little lacking in the unique department and we do already have too many swords atm... but I suppose it's fine. Maybe you could look up on the dps graph and choose a cool projectile to go with ur weapon :3

Aaaand...yea thats pretty much it. Nice to see something different from a item suggestion, I hope this gets implemented in the game.

And uh, as a side note, can someone could get me a screenshot of the map? :P I'd rather not go to the trouble of downloading it.

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@TheDivineHero Here you go.
    0_1466583660807_upload-e675d636-337f-4f6f-a77c-24da831e3690

• Sex Guns

His arm is broken.

• Bump, might make a dungeon to go with, designing is more fun than playing

• Doge Club

THRESHOLDS DONT WORK NIG NOG

• Everlasting Destiny

@ST3VE OH DEAR LORD!!!!!
    The dude in the 3rd animation is having a nice time playing with himself, I see.

• Creativity Cafe ☕

Very well sprited, very well designed, unique item, very thorough. Love it, +1 it, add it @NR-Staff

• Creativity Cafe ☕

Projectiles could use some work though, tbh

• I do bad stuff ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"Copyright Rule" What about Boshy and MegaMan? and something else if i forget

• Detective

@Afatllama Captain America

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@Afatllama kid from "I wanna be the guy", sanik from sega...

• The read this before posting said no copyrighted stuff so now it's souls inspired instead of a direct copy

• Everlasting Destiny

@ST3VE Sprite 3 still looks like he's tossing himself off though....
    May wanna change that

Looks like your connection to Nilly's Realm was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.