Lone Wanderer (Ninja Set)

• Lolicons

My family is asleep, I'm waiting for nilly's to finally get back on again, so I decided to try my hand at a ninja set. I always found the ninja to be a super fun class on Production, and my old guild founder thought the same. The only issue with the ninja, is that it has little survivability for it's high damage. I always had then die due to being too close, or speedy, always crashing into things, even with a Doku, a Pyra, and a Hydra. I decided to create a set for my third favorite class, for a reason that is needed. Survivability.

This class is meant to keep the ninja alive, and provide a defensive use for a great and underused class! Even the T13 weapon is literally worth 200 fame, 4 times less then the sword of splendor, the second cheapest t13 weapon. This shows that the ninja is strongly underused, and needs to be tweaked, or rather have some sort of assistance. Note my color scheme (Black and Blue)

Introducing the weapon: The Sapphire Scythe!

Sprite:0_1467687453174_Screen Shot 2016-07-04 at 9.30.32 PM.png

Description: An originally fragile katana, it was infused with magical energy, giving the wielder unparalleled prowess in combat. Plus, it looks shiny.
    Stats:
    -Shots: 1
    -Damage: 55-80 (Average: 67.5)
    -Range: 6.5
    -Speed: 140
    -Lifetime: 500
    -Amplitude: 0
    -Frequency: 0
    -Fire Rate: 135%
    Stat Bonuses:
    +3 Def
    +20 Maximum HP
    +4 Vitality
    -5 Wisdom
    -3 Speed
    Effect: Armor Pierce
    Effect: Pierces Enemies and Obstacles
    Fame Bonus: 6%

Why is this Balanced?
    It gives the ninja an important stat: Range. With this, it allows the Ninja to do heavy damage from long ranges on exceptionally dangerous bosses, like O3, Bedlam, and others with high defense that are anti-melee.

Why is this unique?

With only one new katana, and it being offset with low range and not being able to pierce, theres no wonder the Ninja is unpopular in Nilly's. The weapon alone allows the ninja to have a higher range (as the Ray Katana dosent really exist in nillys) plus the ability to pierce the armor of enemies.

BUT NEXY! THIS WEAPON IS BROKEN AS FUCK! SUPER LONG RANGE AND 135% FIRE RATE, NERF PLEASE!

Not really, honestly. Here is the DPS Chart with a plethora of other popular katanas. The Midnight Star is my katana, and the Ichimonji is actually the Anatsuken.
    0_1467688799328_Screen Shot 2016-07-04 at 11.18.59 PM.png

It actually does LESS damage then the rest of the katanas! This gives the importance of range to give it an advantage that keeps it balanced.

Now, I wasn't really able to make a Shuriken. Why? Because the Midnight Star has literally the exact color palette as the entire set, but I did have a unique idea that could give it a twist, removing the speedy with damaging, doubling the mana per second, and allowing it to pierce and slow and do damage close to the t2 star, but whatever. Plus, half of the sprites I tried either looked like current shurikens, or even one that looked like a freakin swastika. Sooooooooo, ill do that later lol

Onto the armor: The Suit of Serenity.

Sprite:0_1467689084787_Screen Shot 2016-07-04 at 10.03.54 PM.png (I LOVE this sprite, hope you do too)

Description: Created from powdered sapphires, formed together with impenetrable mithril woven, and dipped into vats of holy water.

Stats:
    +20 Defense
    +40 Maximum HP
    +2 Attack
    -5 Wisdom
    -20 Maximum MP
    -2 Speed

Why is this Unique and Balanced?
    This armor provides the same defense as the infamous Infected Armor, but instead of providing it with a huge vitality decrease, the armor has increased health and attack, subtracting large amounts of wisdom, MP, and speed, giving it a downside to the aggressive Ninja Rusher. Good to swap this with the Banished Vest of Slaying if rushing to location after location, rather then staying alive in a Jeebs, or a Asylum.

Finally: Glove of the Forgotten Samurai

Sprite: 0_1467689464885_Screen Shot 2016-07-04 at 10.14.59 PM.png

Description:This ancient relic was carbon dated back to over a thousand years ago. Inside the glove, there is a small, blue glow that seems to come from an unknown origin.

(Yes, it looks like a Bracer. Yes, the sprite is bad, and yes, it dosen't have any blue.)

Stats: +90 Maximum HP
    +8 Defense
    +3 Dexterity
    +2 Vitality
    -4 Wisdom
    -30 Maximum MP

What makes this item unique and balanced?
    Lowkey, I just wanted to make something defensive that I would love to use ingame. I provided it with a heavy increase in health and defense, along with a small DPS Boost. It also decreases the mana and wisdom, like the other parts of the set, but not to a detrimental amount.

When the entire set is equipped, the wearer gains an additional:
    +30 Maximum Health
    +6 Vitality
    +2 Speed

The Entire Set grants the wearer with:

+31 Def (whoa)
    +60 Maximum HP
    -50 Maximum MP
    +3 Dexterity
    +12 Vitality
    +2 Attack
    -14 Wisdom
    -3 Speed

Not too bad. Creative, and assistive.

• Donor

not bad, but imo the black should be changed to white, or another color that goes better with blue.

• I want to die

tHAT KATANA HAS NO HANDLE REEEEEEEEEEEEE

srs tho do you hold the blade and cut yourself while you hold it

black looks really bad on any sprite item sprite unless it fits with the color scheme (the other color in the scheme is usually white)

• Lolicons

@Stings said in Lone Wanderer (Ninja Set):

not bad, but imo the black should be changed to white, or another color that goes better with blue.

@yellow-or-alice said in Lone Wanderer (Ninja Set):

tHAT KATANA HAS NO HANDLE REEEEEEEEEEEEE

srs tho do you hold the blade and cut yourself while you hold it

black looks really bad on any sprite item sprite unless it fits with the color scheme (the other color in the scheme is usually white)

I KNOW THE SPRITE IS SHIT THAT WAS MY FEAR
    The handle is the 4 small black spaces lol

• Donor

@Nexplosion jesus christ calm down, just constructive criticism.. wtf do u want me to say? "WTF YOUR SPRITES MAKE ME WANTS TO SLIT MY EYES AND POUR BLEACH ON THEM" srsly ffs

• Lolicons

@Stings I spent a lot of time trying to make the sprites look decent, thats all....

• Lolicons

I'm not upset, just a bit dissapointed

• Noah's Ark ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Katana needs work sprite wise
    Kinda looked like a demon edge recolored.
    overall i kinda like

• Lolicons

@Noah_ I actually colored it off the Lime Cutter :s

I was also considering giving it mid-air pixels like the Doku has, but then it looked crappy

• Noah's Ark ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@Nexplosion Oh.
    Waw.
    I need to put on my glasses

• Lolicons

@Noah_ nah its fine bro

• Noah's Ark ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@Nexplosion Also star ?

• Lolicons

@Noah_

Now, I wasn't really able to make a Shuriken. Why? Because the Midnight Star has literally the exact color palette as the entire set, but I did have a unique idea that could give it a twist, removing the speedy with damaging, doubling the mana per second, and allowing it to pierce and slow and do damage close to the t2 star, but whatever. Plus, half of the sprites I tried either looked like current shurikens, or even one that looked like a freakin swastika. Sooooooooo, ill do that later lol

• Noah's Ark ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@Nexplosion Now i cant even fucking read.
    I really need to get my glasses

• Lolicons

its all good bro <3

• Noah's Ark ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@Nexplosion Well.
    On another off topic not my dad thinks I smoke weed because of a burn under my lip.
    Also ninja needs more skins on an on topic note

• Lolicons

uh
    okay then

• Noah's Ark ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Noah's Ark ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@Nexplosion Also ty for upvote bomb

• i really do like the idea of this set. but @Stings is right, you should change the black up a bit, maybe use something that contrasts with blue a bit more, ie white or a light shade of yellow maybe..? sometimes when you use black as a part of the armor, it looks too much like youre trying to make it appear 3D, which looks really cool sometimes, but not in the case of this armor, mostly because you cant see 3D on 2d from top to bottom and bottom to top at the same time. hopefully that made sense, it did in my head, but then again my head is pretty fucked.

too bad we cant have a swastika shuriken, that would be fuckin funny.

same deal with the colors on the bracer, change em up. anyways, the shading on it looks funky, it goes from like well shaded gray to jet black. if you want to stick to the black color scheme, try tossing some more lighter gray shades in there for a little extra detail, to make it a bit more interesting :) use the Oreo as an example if you dont follow my drift.

i hope you dont take any of this the wrong way, i was just trying to be constructive. all the stats/descriptions are awesome. hopefully you can take this and work with it :thumbsup:

• Lolicons

@sheeeit True. I never was a good sprite maker, but I didn't want them to end up being absolute crap. I tried to make em nice.

Thanks for the feedback bro, I have some issues with the shading, I know it can't just be one color lol

• @Nexplosion its all good my dude, practice makes perfect. im shit at it, but i like doing it anyways :p its a great thing to do to pass the time. i just like drawing the fuckin things. at least youre creative enough to make descriptions and put up stats and everything. i wouldnt know where to start with any of that shit. im gonna go fool around on piskelapp, and toss some ideas up on the dump thread, if you like em/want em take em. idgaf. fair warning, they might look worse than yours :laughing:

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@Nexplosion Make the katana sprite's blue more bright and lighter. It is shiny and sapphire, and it would make it look nice. :) I would be happy to try and make my own if you'd like! You can use it.

• Noah's Ark ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@Nexplosion WaiT !
    Since The Midnight think is already a thing instead of a shuriken you could fo a kunai dagger
    No im not a weeb I had a project on asian weapons
    I could help you with it

• Detective

All of them are.. Well shaded?
    Katana - +20Hp... NO :C

Effect: Armor Pierce
    Effect: Pierces Enemies and Obstacles

3/3 Effects.. no :C

Armor
    Guess what.. Another HP D:

"Ring"
    Another HP D:

When the entire set is equipped

Another HP..

+31 Def (whoa)
    +12 Vitality
    +60 Maximum HP

Feels good tank. (English pl0x)

-14 Wisdom
    -50 Maximum MP
    -3 Speed

WHAT?? NO! >:C Just look. Ninja is.. FASTEST class in the game.
    His star is draining MP.. So why the fok is there -14wis and -50MP?
    "That's ninja without star, right? Well.. More nerf ~ -3 spd.. GREAT"
    NO
    Ninja isn't tank.
    Ninja is.. Ninja.
    Damn..
    This is for Samurai classes, not for Ninja.
    Sorry. ;(

• Noah's Ark ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@Jack-the-Ripper Ninja needs better sponge shiz.
    As a ninja i approve of making ninja a tank.
    lmao
    A ninja ripping though events unharmed then with crazy dex completely destroys everything

Looks like your connection to Nilly's Realm was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.