Relics of the Architect

• Hello again everyone, it has been quite awhile since I've posted an idea of mine, but I finally have a new one for you guys. This is a Ancient-Egypt themed Sorcerer set that drops from the Treasure Sarcophagi (Plural of Sarcophagus, if you didn't know :P) in the Tomb of the Ancients dungeon at a rate of 1/100. Hope you guys enjoy, and don't to leave any suggestions of feedback you want to. Note: I meant for the descriptions to be like someone talking to you about the items face to face. Thought it'd be interesting and a 1st :D
    ~Spng

The Catalyst of the Sands:
    0_1469207050092_Screen shot 2016-07-22 at 1.01.04 PM.png
    Projectile:
    0_1469207057952_Screen shot 2016-07-22 at 12.58.14 PM.png
    Description: "What an odd creation. It seems as if it was quite powerful aeons ago, but years of neglect have left it almost laughably useless, if it weren't for the strange feeling that there is more to it than first glance would have you to believe."
    Stats:
    -Shots: 1
    -Damage: 45-135
    -Projectile Speed: 200
    -Lifetime: 400
    -Range: 8
    -Amplitude: 0.5
    -Frequency: 0.5
    Stat Bonuses: +25 HP, +25 MP
    Effect: Ignores Obstacles
    Fame Bonus: 4%
    Here's the DPS Chart and the Shot Pattern:
    0_1469049684648_Screen shot 2016-07-20 at 4.58.45 PM.png

0_1469049691634_Screen shot 2016-07-20 at 5.19.42 PM.png

Why is this item unique and balanced?
    This item is unique because it is one of 3 wands that ignores obstacles and it beats out Pristine, its biggest competition, at around 60 Def. So this wand would be more suited towards bosses like Oryx and the Shatters trio, and it also has +25 to HP and MP. This item is balanced because the Multihit feature of wands was replaced with the ability to ignore obstacles. Also, the shots are slightly wavy, making it a little harder to make them hit their mark.

Mark of the Chosen:
    0_1469207086440_Screen shot 2016-07-22 at 1.03.16 PM.png
    "This appears to be some sort of ceremonial piece, or perhaps something wielded to highlight one's place in society. It might do something, it might not. Depends on if you actually believe in all that magic mumbo-jumbo."
    Stats:
    MP Cost: 95
    Damage: 175, Paralyzed for 3 Seconds
    Range:9
    Targets: 4
    This item is unique because it would be the only Scepter to Paralyze, and it would be NR's first (hopefully) custom Scepter. This item is balanced because of the high MP cost and damage near that of a T4 Scepter, without any stat buffs or debuffs.

Mantle of the Seeker:
    0_1469050423116_Screen shot 2016-07-20 at 5.07.14 PM.png
    "Oh yeah, I've seen something like that before. My granddad had one that looked just like it. But then he went on an expedition to uncover some ancient ruins and never came back. I never saw what was so special about it, and neither did he, but he said it gave him hope that he'd come home safely everyday. Guess it didn't work to well, huh?"
    Stats:
    +15 Def
    +5 Vit
    +100 HP
    -5 Wis
    -5 Spd
    This item is unique because it gives Sorcerers, or any robe class, more survivability due to the Vit and HP buffs, and the notable Def. This item is balanced by the debuffs to Spd and Wis, meaning the character has to stay back a little, and cant spam their ability as much.

Hourglass of Toreh'Temnon:
    0_1469050878103_Screen shot 2016-07-20 at 5.07.29 PM.png
    "By the gods, I've never seen anything like this before. Where did you find this? This artifact courses with a dark power, the likes of which the world has never seen. If I were you, I'd get rid of this thing immediately. Gives me the chills just lookin' at it."
    Stats:
    +9 Def
    +75 HP
    +4 Luck
    -3 Spd
    -3 Wis
    -75 MP
    This item is unique because of the Luck, HP and Def bonuses. This item balances out those bonuses with heavy Spd, Wis and MP debuffs.

If you read through the whole thing, thanks a bunch. It really means a lot. If you see any room for improvement, don't hesitate to tell me. I want this to be as good as it can. Thanks again guys <3

Edit: Sprites by Potman implemented, Names of Wand and Robe changed and Stats of Robe and Ring Buffed: Robe now gives 2 more Def and 25 more HP, and the Ring now gives 2 more Def and subtracts 3 Spd and Wis instead of 5. Still working on changing the Robe sprite and reshading the Ring sprite

• 🎁Burger's Item Service🎁

@Spng One problem I can see right now, your scepter has a high mana cost yet your set takes mana off. But except that I like it :)

• @OmgitsBurg The scepter is meant to have mana cost because it paralyzes, and the MP debuffs are there to help prevent ability spamming. And thanks for the feedback :)

• 🎁Burger's Item Service🎁

@Spng That is understandable :)! +1 from me :)

• Noah's Ark ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The sprites dont look...
    Good.
    There not shaded and such

• @Noah_ What do you mean "not shaded"? I think they're pretty well shaded

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@Spng noah is right, they aren't well shadded.

EDIT:
    The robe and hourglass

• @XlindowX I might just be crazy, but I can't see where they aren't shaded properly. Perhaps you guys can give them a go, just look for the tag spng and you'll find 'em

• Wand does not look like a wand
    scepter looks like a wand
    the robe is a reskin of the tiotani robe
    and the ring looks like an abillity for trickster

• Welcome to Chili's

@Spng The shading is supposed to be in one direction. I'm redoing the hourglass to show you

• Well, seems like you guys can't get past the fact that the sprites aren't shaded correctly. I get it. I'm not the best spriter, and I won't ever be. So can we please stop saying the same thing over and over and look past the sprites? Like maybe, idk, see if the stats are balanced or something.

• @Bwad Wand isn't supposed to be a wand, it's a Caduceus. Look it up, and you'll see the connection. Scepter might look like a wand, but I like the shape of it. Robe isnt a full reskin, due to the shading, and think about how many other reskins there are in game (nearly every teired item) and I don't see where you're getting an hourglass and a prism confused :3

• @Spng you recoloured the tiotani robe that is a full reskin
    shading does nothing i cant take bracer reshade it with diff colours and its still a reskin
    another piece of criticism enough things drop from tomb already
    and the wand looks nothing like a caduceus
    0_1469115144314_upload-b4315e63-bf7e-43ee-9214-7c3bf5432183 https://www.realmeye.com/s/a/img/wiki/RobeOfTheTlatoani.png
    they look the same

• @Bwad m8, my caduceus is a stick with wing like protrusions on the side, similar to a caduceus. And yes, a lot of things drop from tombs, but the troom sarcs don't have any special drops. And about the robe, if you think you can make a better sprite, go ahead. Ill work on a new one myself, but for the time being, that's gonna be the robe sprite. And talking about reskins: Heavenly Hammer, Crimson Dagger of Tartarus, Hesperides Bow, Quiver of Demonic Rage, etc. If all of those exist in game, and have the same effects as their counterparts, why couldn't my "reskin" with completely different effects be put in?

• Time for some lures, though its been awhile since I've been on, so some of these people might not even be active anymore
    @Jmn @BLOODQWEN @Charizard @TurtleBat

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@Spng So...
    The sprites are meh. Nothing special.
    Stats are pretty good. Looks balanced.
    I really like the descriptions.

• @loudman42069 Thx a bunch, but what could I do to make the sprites better?

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@Spng Improve the shading and I really don't like the gray in the robe.

• Please do not bother me anymore. I did not see anything interesting here.
    always yours 10/10 add memer.

• ||||||||||||||Shendyt of Geb: +15 Def, +7 VIT, +25 HP, +7 WIS, +25 MP
    Your robe stat bonuses: +13 Def, +5 Vit, +75 HP, -5 Wis, -5 Spd

2 def, 2 vit, 12 wis, 5 spd, 25 mp in exchange of 50 extra HP.
    No offence, but i'd rather use shendyt. If i were you, i'd make it give extra 1 def and 25 hp

==========================================================

|||||||||||Captain America Ring: +6 def, +100 hp, +4 wis | +4 vit
    Hourglass of Toreh'Temnon: +7 def, +75 hp, -5 wis | +4 luck, -5 spd, -75 mp

Trading 25 hp, 9 wis, 5 spd, 75 mp for 1 def and 4 luck. Pass.
    Though def is crucial for robe classes, the trade for 1 def looks way too big. No words for luck, its just a trash stat for me, though many people will disagree with me, so i won't touch that stat.

Overall, i like this set! Just needs a liiiiiitle bit more changes.

• RototoLyfe

@Spng thanks ._.

Okay, tbh, I didn't want to comment on it, but I might as well.

Let's get it straight, the sprites seem plain, and boring. I don't see any nice style, maybe try better shapes? That wand looks terrible, no offense.

The stats, I'm not too sure, so maybe others explained it.

In the end, 5/10, because the sprites... Bleh. They don't look stylish much at all. Sorry bud, better luck.

• I like the stats, but usually I would think of a caduceus more of a Greek mythology type thing.
    Also I kinda agree with everyone about the sprites not being amazing.

descriptions are good tho and I like the idea of making more sorc stuff, NR needs it.

8/10

• @Everyone Thanks for all of the feedback, I'll definitely be working on this set more. I'll try and change up the sprites and alter the stats on the robe and ring. It should be fully updated by Sunday

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@Spng how's this look? I tried to keep it close to the original.
    0_1469198154617_upload-1f53961b-b133-4f1a-8b08-91075e0144b2
    Its saved under the same tags.

Btw, I reccomend shortening the scepter and changing it into the projectile, as the current projectile isn't very appealing, nor is the scepter very appealing as a scepter, whilst the scepter actually looks like an awesome projectile!
    0_1469198498683_upload-646a2ec3-7e63-4ae8-82ea-a2c0616432da

I tried a scepter, but I failed horribly, though I think the shape is better, your shading is much better than mine on this one x)
    0_1469199054686_upload-98a56477-5c99-4897-8201-f2927498f348

• @Potman Thx for the ideas, I'll definitely work on putting those in and I'll credit you for the sprites

• Edits are in

Looks like your connection to Nilly's Realm was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.