Tool Idea, Change characters when going into dungeons

• Famous Forumers

Hello guys!!

Have you ever seen that a hermit/grand sphinks/fanatic or any event that drops a dungeon that you are interested in and you wanted to change characters because of the dungeon and you end up missing the dungeon and the whole event while changing. I know that a lot of people, including myself, do NPEs or simply aren't in the character that they want to use in that dungeon. I think that giving us the ability to change characters when you go into a dungeon like OT/Tomb/Asylum will be a good addition to the game in a few ways.

- People will be able to get in the character that they are comfortable in without risking missing the dungeon.
    - I believe this will give fame another way out of the economy out of the market out of players... Get what i mean?.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I saw that the donor only idea walked into some hate and i realize it would be unfair so we changed it. Refer to How it will work thanks @Vasya @ItsThatRektGuy @Jack-the-Ripper .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For example:
    I want to armor break the avatar of the forgotten king.... so i am on my knight but i dont want to use my knight in the shatters... so i kill the avatar with my knight and when i go into the shatters it gives me the option to change to my trickster, wizard, whatever your heart desires. I just think it would be useful and a nice feature.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here is how it will work:
    Perhaps all characters should be "locked" and it costs 500 fame to unlock a char until it dies? Unlocking character would give it ability to be chosen during loading screen. You enter, for eg., a spider den, the loading screen shows and the box of unlocked characters shows with a "Would you like to choose a different class?" or something. There should be an option to disable this in options. This box expires in 10 seconds, which means that loading screen lasts extra 10 seconds. When box expires, you can't choose another char, obv. Idea by @Vasya
    I'd like to hear your feedback on this since its a fairly revolutionary idea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ignore this:
    @Wizardism @Cultist @Boyka @Moloch @Knorrex @MrSott @Nilly @Hailtion @Pringle @BLOODQWEN @TheDivineHero @Arx @BronzeV @Creeper @Jmn @Faux @DrWhen @loudman42069 @Carnage @Vasya @Charizard @ItsThatRektGuy @ergona2-0 @DrVoorhees2-0 @vulgaire @Samuelmm @Food @Hoe @Noah_

• RototoLyfe

@davidri interesting. I like the idea of donors having more perks, even though I don't have donor (since I can't get one ;( )

But, at the same time, I'm not sure. I'll think more about it. For now, I like the idea, so +1

• Famous Forumers

@Jmn Thank you for the feedback. Ill see what suggestions i get to brush it up.

• honestly i dont like this idea its pretty much the same as using a hacked client on prod because it would have to kick you from the dungeon (as said knight) and then it would have to bring you back into the dungeon as a different char

• Donor

+1 i like the concept. but wouldn't this be hard to implement?

• I want to die

i love it when there is a sphinks in realm.

• Perhaps all characters should be "locked" and it costs 500 fame to unlock a char until it dies? Unlocking character would give it ability to be chosen during loading screen. You enter, for eg., a spider den, the loading screen shows and the box of unlocked characters shows with a "Would you like to choose a different class?" or something. There should be an option to disable this in options. This box expires in 10 seconds, which means that loading screen lasts extra 10 seconds. When box expires, you can't choose another char, obv.

EDIT: Also, an "X" to close that box, so no need to wait 10 secs. Or keep it as a disadvantage ;)

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@davidri Well... That's a pretty nice addition. Would be useful for donors. Also there should be a text box that will pop out saying: "Do you want to change your character?" and answers: "Yes" and "No".

tl;dr: Not bad.

• Wake me up inside

it's a pretty fancy idea to be honest, but by having prirority over non-donors in terms of queue is already a very big advantage over them, i don't find it good for something that can potentially affect gameplay/bring gameplay to the next level to be a given for donors .
    Actually, i don't even think donors need any extra perks but that's besides the point currently.

• @davidri Good idea ^^ it will bring the donor price up great again lol.

I think we donors already have enough perks because skipping queue is a pretty nice perk already.

• I do not think that your idea see the green light!

• I like the Idea but I feel it would be hard to implement like what @G_G_PvP said

• Detective

It's not fair.
    Not for non donors or donors..
    But it's somehow against the game.

• Famous Forumers

Changed it up a bit. Its now for everyone but it has a cost in fame!!!

• Famous Forumers

@BLOODQWEN Thats why we are modifying it.

• Famous Forumers

Bumperino

• Noah's Ark ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@davidri >mfw david doesn't mention daddy noah.

• Famous Forumers

@Noah_ check again

• Noah's Ark ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@davidri god damn you and your edit button magic

• i think this is going to be a bitch to code

• Wiki Editor

why tag me?

• @ItsThatRektGuy you are confused, the suggestion is meant to be that you unlock the ability to switch with a specific character during your characters lifetime. I still think its a bit too complicated, and i dont think that its overpowered to give it for free to donators, since donaters pretty much already have this ability, it just makes it slightly easier and more convenient.

• Detective

Ignore this:
    Wizardism Cultist Boyka Moloch Knorrex MrSott Nilly Hailtion Pringle BLOODQWEN TheDivineHero Arx BronzeV Creeper Jmn Faux... And so on

Does it mean, that people in.. this thing should ignore this thread?
    Bruh, you tagged all forum admins and nolly.. .-.

And yea..

But it's somehow against the game.

• Everlasting Destiny

@davidri said in Tool Idea, Change characters when going into dungeons:

Ignore this:
    @Wizardism @Cultist @Boyka @Moloch @Knorrex @MrSott @Nilly @Hailtion @Pringle @BLOODQWEN @TheDivineHero @Arx @BronzeV @Creeper @Jmn @Faux @DrWhen @loudman42069 @Carnage @Vasya @Charizard @ItsThatRektGuy @ergona2-0 @DrVoorhees2-0 @vulgaire @Samuelmm @Food @Hoe @Noah_

kek fine then.

jk, but I see a problem with this :/

I feel like 500 fame is way too much, people aren't going to spend all that fame just because they want to change characters, especially donors. So normally i'd say, you should reduce the amount of fame that is required to use this but then it'd be hard to assess how low you can go until it'd be at the point where it'd be easily abused by non-donors and it'd make going through the queue harder.

Honestly, I feel like non-donors, should be given the ability to change characters without having to wait in the queue in the first place. It's probably the least factor that's affecting the number of people in the queue, because once people know that you can't switch chars, they just learn to avoid it. If we had that, i'd see no problem with this idea, seeing that you could make it free for both non-donors and donors.

But since we don't, i'm not too sure I can fully support this idea :/ If i'm misinterpreting something let me know :P

• A Waste of Matter

Alright...

When I first saw this idea, I thought it was mostly shit in many ways. However, i saw what you wanted, though it wouldn't of been a good idea to implement.

But when i read the rest of it, i saw something that could be worked with.

So, let's make a pros and cons list, shall we?

Pros:

• Easy way to switch character(s) for players who don't have rank 10+

• Allows player(s) to use specific units based on which dungeon is being completed

Cons:

• You mentioned a requirement to pay to change a character when entering a dungeon. I don't see why someone should pay to unock a unit that they had to pay to make

• People waiting in the queue will have to wait even longer due to the lack of players leaving to change players

Suggestions:

I see the idea of being able to change characters each time you go into a new dungeon as overpowered. I'd suggest a kind of 'booth' in the nexus that will allow you to change your character there, and not before a dungeon.

Alright, that's all I can think of for now, I give it a no-go in it's current form.

d
    idea.

• @Hailtion I gave it a cost of 500 fame per 1 char (until it dies) to balance it out, so that it wouldn't be abused. It's like a backpack. Imo, this price is okay for me, since you bypass the whole queue for 500 fame just to change your character. Time costs more than fame, because time is the main core of play, and play generates fame.
    Even though you blow through queue without wait, the 500 fame can be actually pain if you're not a 24/7 WoW farmer. 500 per char - your acc fame will go down the drain if you keep dying and "unlocking" chars. Like they say: "With great power comes great responsibility" - you shit fame out on the wind, so it's your fault.

Just added some info, but i am not sure if my post is relevant to your opinion :l

Looks like your connection to Nilly's Realm was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.