Forums are going to shit and I still somehow am fighting off the urges to kill myself

• I fap to dank memes

So this will probably be a decently long really ranty post, but I've seen a lot of stuff lately and its just made me wanna fucking shoot myself, that and the fact that ive just been really salty lately due to the fact that well A. my PC is shit and keeps getting shittier whether due to my fans failing or something else, and B. Even though I've been saving money for a while and have a decent amount saved up I dont really have a way to get more atm, so itll be a few months before I can finally purchase my parts and get the pc put together... Oh yeah and C, the topic I will be discussing in this post.

If you've been on the forums lately you may have noticed a bit of what people call shitposting. Now, what is shitposting you ask? Well pretty much its just posting stuff that doesnt really help anyone at all, and just makes you question why anybody would even put this kinda shit up on a forum. And I dont know why, but it seems like there has been an influx in these shitposts. Shitposts aren't new (hell, Devon has been around for ever and he even has shitpost ban immunity) but its just I feel like I see so many people that try and derail posts from their main intention and be general twats for no reason other than just "LOL XD", or to get their meaningless post and upvote number up, because lets be honest guys, there is no reason to actually give a shit about your rep and post number once your rep is above like 3 or whatever it is to post more than once every minute or whatever the fuck it is.

Not only that but it seems that people are almost trying to make shitposting into a good thing, and I think thats why theres starting to be so much of it. People see some of these people that well, quite frankly just make meaningless posts (and tons upon tons of them, each day, and no im not naming names but dont be dumb, you guys know who im talking about.) and then join in, and the sad thing is like nothing is even done about it, and it just goes on and on. Shitposts should be something you shouldn't be praising or being like "Lol nice one dude, xd!!!" but it seems like thats what they are, or at least thats what they are to some people.

I dunno, this was just really a giant rant that ive been building up for a while due to the amount of garbage on the forums there's been as of lately. I tried to put some genuine points here that can be discussed and hopefully seen by people, but I can see that since this is way too long that it'll be ignored, and thats fine too. But for those who care:

TL;DR People are shitposting on the forums. A fuck ton. and its like nobody cares and im just a salty cunt, sorry.

Rant done. Just, in the future please try to actually put some thought into your posts and not throw everything up on the forums whether or not you think that its actually worth putting up.

I would advise taking any shitposting needs to a discord server, they're free and you can invite your friends n shit, its pretty cool. NR also has one, but it also has mods so dont be too much of a cunt.
    (inb4 this post gets me banned cause its a shitpost lolxd)

EDIT: I'm going to bed, glad to see some people took this seriously, but honestly if we had the rules actually be inforced this wouldn't be a problem. I feel like we need dedicated forum mods.

I feel like the things I said in this post had to be said, sorry if you disagree, but fuck it.

(Oh and I'd say upvote if you agree but then loudman might verbally attack me DDD:)

• Lovecraft

• I fap to dank memes

@Typhoon Nice job completely ignoring the point of the post! So glad I spent time on this! :DDD

• Lovecraft

@Mysterious nah i read it ik ur salty but they are always people who dgaf AND theres no way u can stop them at all just ignore them +1 hopefully u dont get banned xD

• i think its a problem with the mods banning people like turtle again for shitposting but littilng others like loadman and idk some other guy and hay i have a felling that i'm on the list of shitposting even tough the last time i made a shitPOST was weeks ago (sorry for my bad english)

• Everlasting Destiny

I only like the funny shitposters :3

But I completely agree, the shitposts have been getting out of hand lately :P The admins need to be more strict like they were before.

• Lovecraft

@TheDivineHero havent seen u arnd hai hai

• RototoLyfe

@Mysterious woah. Quite long, but I read it.

True true, all facts here have a point to it. And I see what you mean by "shitposts getting out of hand."

My opinion is how the shitposters shitpost. Some funny, some annoying. And I just think that generally, something needs to be thought about it.

Tbh everyday I see at least 10 shitposts, if not 25. It's really getting out of hand, wasting my time to look at it.

• @Mysterious said in Forums are going to shit and I still somehow am fighting off the urges to kill myself:

So this will probably be a decently long really ranty post, but I've seen a lot of stuff lately and its just made me wanna fucking shoot myself, that and the fact that ive just been really salty lately due to the fact that well A. my PC is shit and keeps getting shittier whether due to my fans failing or something else, and B. Even though I've been saving money for a while and have a decent amount saved up I dont really have a way to get more atm, so itll be a few months before I can finally purchase my parts and get the pc put together... Oh yeah and C, the topic I will be discussing in this post.

If you've been on the forums lately you may have noticed a bit of what people call shitposting. Now, what is shitposting you ask? Well pretty much its just posting stuff that doesnt really help anyone at all, and just makes you question why anybody would even put this kinda shit up on a forum. And I dont know why, but it seems like there has been an influx in these shitposts. Shitposts aren't new (hell, Devon has been around for ever and he even has shitpost ban immunity) but its just I feel like I see so many people that try and derail posts from their main intention and be general twats for no reason other than just "LOL XD", or to get their meaningless post and upvote number up, because lets be honest guys, there is no reason to actually give a shit about your rep and post number once your rep is above like 3 or whatever it is to post more than once every minute or whatever the fuck it is.

Not only that but it seems that people are almost trying to make shitposting into a good thing, and I think thats why theres starting to be so much of it. People see some of these people that well, quite frankly just make meaningless posts (and tons upon tons of them, each day, and no im not naming names but dont be dumb, you guys know who im talking about.) and then join in, and the sad thing is like nothing is even done about it, and it just goes on and on. Shitposts should be something you shouldn't be praising or being like "Lol nice one dude, xd!!!" but it seems like thats what they are, or at least thats what they are to some people.

I dunno, this was just really a giant rant that ive been building up for a while due to the amount of garbage on the forums there's been as of lately. I tried to put some genuine points here that can be discussed and hopefully seen by people, but I can see that since this is way too long that it'll be ignored, and thats fine too. But for those who care:

TL;DR People are shitposting on the forums. A fuck ton. and its like nobody cares and im just a salty cunt, sorry.

Rant done. Just, in the future please try to actually put some thought into your posts and not throw everything up on the forums whether or not you think that its actually worth putting up.

I would advise taking any shitposting needs to a discord server, they're free and you can invite your friends n shit, its pretty cool. NR also has one, but it also has mods so dont be too much of a cunt.
    (inb4 this post gets me banned cause its a shitpost lolxd)

tl;dr OH YEAH MR KRAB 8CHARLIMIT

• I want to die

@Pwki nice shitpost on a post thats about shitposting

you didn't even need to put 8charlimit there .-.

• @yellooooow First off that is ironic because your a massive shitposter yourself...

Second off your not aiding on making the forums any better by telling anyone that they are making a shitpost.

Third off, the mods and admins should be more strict within the forums- instead of banning people and letting them recreate their accounts... they should IP ban them so that the forum remains cancer free. Another thing to note is that the discord server has taught me a lot about the NR community, and that it's a community that doesn't want to strive to get any better but rather filled with a bunch of 12 year olds posting memes, making annoying sex jokes that don't even have hilarity to them, or duping dungeon keys for reputation (Ahem Cutie).

The community is cancer and we all know that- The instant you make an accidental post about an idea you want to share and the next thing you know your threatened with downvotes and people PMing you with shit- That ALMOST got me to leave NR until I fucking edited the crap out of that post....

It's not a perfect server but it's a test server, and besides let us hope Deca games fixes ROTMG to the point where all the cancer will leave Nilly's realm. At this point Nilly has fixed a lot of the things we wanted Kabam to fix, and it has demonstrated the potential ROTMG can have. It's funny how someone hasn't made their own version of ROTMG (Heck maybe 16 bit)... because if they did I am certain a lot of people would leave normal PROD and Nilly's realm if and only if it was COMPLETELY free and didn't have any shitty Pay to win schemes.

So in short, your cancer... I'm cancer.... we are all cancer... so let us do our parts to become better forumers and players together.

• RototoLyfe

@Elevict but im not cancer ._.

i never was really..

:P sorry, just dozing off...

• I fap to dank memes

@Elevict yeah everyone is cancer n shit but like

Yellow isn't a shitposter lmao

If you're counting discord for shitposting though I'm sorry but you're a bit retarded

• Since the shitposts were slowly increasing in number, the tolerance for shitposts has actually increased. What might have given someone a citation when the system was first released seems just like a "regular post" now. It is out of hand, I know that at some times these people can be helpful, but how are these people banned yet for the countless amount of shitposts?

The rules just aren't enforced enough. People shitpost relentlessly because they know that currently chances are nothing will be done about them. The only times people really get a citation/ban is if they make a shitthread. Half the time they're just locked anyway.

• am I cancer daddy? @Elevict ? please say no :(

• Noah's Ark ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

very true

• @Mysterious No it's not accounted for shitposting, but rather for how horrid the community is.

• I fap to dank memes

@Elevict yeah discord can be pretty shitty, but there are some genuinely decent people on there if you care to dig through some of the shit (which a lot of people don't, and I don't blame you for not wanting to.) I think it's just the fact that nr is pserver for a game that is (let's face it guys) pretty much marketed only towards younger age demographics, and it being a flash game also allows for pretty much anyone with a PC to pick it up and play it.

• Creativity Cafe ☕

Here we fucking go. RANT TIME

I wish shitposters would actually just get banned. They think its OK because devon has immunity and shit and they think that they are funny. Pretty much this creates an infinite 'Oohh I wana be the new devon!' or 'Check it out! I'm a shit poster too! love me!'. Its nothing but cries for attention. I'll admit, I actually used care about my rep count, because it meant people liked what I had to say, and liked my ideas. But once shitposters do it nothing but to piss off other people and get their number count higher, I stoped caring.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to make a post being overjoyed about how I just reached or passed a certain reputation wall. but to be honest if people are going to get reputation for doing things that only hurt the forums, then I could care less. I could go on for hours discussing rep, but I really only appreciate being on the reputation list just so my name is on high. Sound stupid and childish? It is. But I'm stupid and childish, so I choose to still look up at that list. The reason I still slightly look up to the reputation counter is because I like looking at numbers go up.

I'm into idle games, and I enjoy seeing cash and scores go up as high as I can get them. I know it sounds weird, but thats why I like rep. But I don't just post to get my rep count high, but to help out the forums too. I look at rep as a motivation to keep doing what I love: helping people understand the forums and its community, awhile adding ideas that people can look on. What shitposters don't understand is that people look to the forums for answers and to have a good time, but shitposters are the exact opposite. They ruin peoples time on the forums and they don't provide answers.

Sure there can be some funny shitposts, but then theres people like weps who just do it to be fucking annoying as hell. The ammount of bullshit that they spew on to this forums drives me insane. You have to understand that I LOVE the forums. I'm on it almost every hour I'm awake. I like helping out people, and I love to see how the community shapes. That may make me sound like the most generic bullshiter out there, but its true.

Im even on the discord 24-7! It's been so long since I've been on a forum that is so active and nice, yet small enough to be a part of it. But these shitposters really just make me question why I'm even on the forums. Why help people if shitposters are just going to scare them away with their bullshit and negativity? I try to combat it, but it really isn't enough. And before you say "Hey pringle, didn't you shitpost too?" Yes, I did. I know that makes me just as bad as the people I hate, and it does make me a hypocrite. I'm not going to deny I am, and if that makes my entire rant meaningless to you then fine, but I saw what it does to the forums, and I see what its doing to the forums right now. It's killing it.

Part of me doesn't want to say the forums aren't regulated, because sometimes they are. I don't want to say it needs more mods, because then to me I'd sound kinda whiny. I just would love a forum mod that was on more often, and could stop shitposting at its core and would make the forums a less toxic place. This was my little rant on the subject. I would make a TL;DR, but to be honest if you aren't willing to read it, then don't bother. It's nothing but salt and pent up rage anyways. If you're a shitposter, I'd ask you kindly to stop. Listen to me or not, its up to you.

• I don't care

I didn't read it fully, and still got other comments to read, so I'll make another reply tomorrow maybe. But there's one thing I have to ask

How the fuck is loudman not banned yet?

Yeah he does have some posts that may be helpful, but he drives posts off-topic, admits to be a shitposter, has way more posts than he should have, and has already been banned before on other accounts.

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@Mysterious i verbally attack u

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@Charizard said in Forums are going to shit and I still somehow am fighting off the urges to kill myself:

and has already been banned before on other accounts.

Only 1 account where I did hardcore shitposting.

• @loudman42069 i hope thy make this the 2nd

• I suggest a suitable punishment...for banning them its not really required unless they repeat it over and over , maybe a mute option given to the forum mods or if given enough "player hate" (which is like a upvote but instead a shitvote ((if given enough sh**votes the poster will be muted)) which is that) so players can decide if the poster should be muted or not...I know its (I think) hard to code but yeah thats my idea...dont harass me please

• @Mysterious Throw yourself into a volcano as a sacrafice to the meaningful post gods. That'll fix it.

• RototoLyfe

@KarkVant oh hi kark. havent seen you in awhile :/

Looks like your connection to Nilly's Realm was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.