The Great Rebalancing (Feat. Charizard)

• Creativity Cafe ☕

There are a lot of cool items in Nilly's Realm that are very unique and balanced to serve a purpose in the game. That being said, there are plenty of weapons that aren't unique or balanced in the game. I have a few ideas on how to spice these up a tad.

Warning: These balances are not perfect and may be completely overpowered or underpowered. Please if you feel like they are, explain why and your reasons for thinking so.

I couldn't do this alone, so I asked Charizard if he'd be kind enough to help me, and he did.

0_1470651095846_6567fghfhg.PNG

• #1 : Murderous Shuriken 0_1470644730414_upload-210adb14-733f-4d4a-81a8-ca49ebcff660

This is the only unique shuriken to Nilly's Realm currently, and it's not really unique at all. It has the same stats as the t6, except it costs 40 less mana. Seriously?

Suggestions:
    Remove speedy buff
    Double MP consumption per second (25mp/sec)
    Damage reduced to 200-250.
    Add damaging buff
    Shot hits multiple targets
    Unique: Offers a dammaging buff. Doesn't have speedy buff. Shots hit multiple targets. No other shuriken does these things.
    Balanced: Removes ninja's speedy buff that most ninjas rely on. Damage is lowered to compensate for hitting multiple targets. Mana usage is doubled to compensate for the damaging buff.

• #2 : Staff of Noble Magic 0_1470645992592_upload-2eecc049-19ea-4e39-a934-49e5c355f714

This is one of the many staves in Nilly's Realm, but it has a serious problem. It's nothing but a t11 staff reskin with additional stats. Probably one of the saddest items in Nilly's Realm.

Suggestions:
    Lowered shots from 2 to 1
    Raised damage to minimal 150 and 150 maximum

Unique: Only staff in the game that shoots a single shot.
    Balanced: Is a single shot staff that deals decent long-ranged damage. Doesn't outclass any staff in its specific use.

• #3 : Lost Light Prism 0_1470646182873_upload-11c996b4-81dc-402d-9d4e-e36a58571ea5

This is a prism that at first glance looks like a cool planewalker for tricksters, but when you actually compare the two, this prism is so gimped its actually pathetic. Not only is the cooldown nearly doubled in comparison, but you also have to deal with your decoy that can potentially kill you when using this. It also has an insanely high mana cost.

Suggestions:
    Lower mana consumption to 100 cost.
    Lower cooldown to 7.5 seconds.
    Lower decoy duration to 2 seconds.

Unique: Is the only prism that allows you to turn invisible.
    Balanced: Doesn't outclass normal prisms. Deals with a high cooldown, lower decoy duration, and slightly higher mana cost in return for invisibility.

• #4 : Endless Torment Staff 0_1470647844537_upload-e42371ec-519d-4c38-957f-cb9659139643

On first glance to the stats, It's clear this staff isn't good at all, and on second glance: It's still shit. There is no good side to this weapon. It is outclassed by every staff and doesn't serve a purpose in Nilly's Realm. It's in desperate need of a buff.

Suggestions:
    Raise the damage to 55 minimal to 65 maximum.
    Double shot speed.
    Slightly lower the lifetime to compensate, but not too much.
    Removed armor piercing.

Unique: Highest fire rate of any staff.
    Balanced: Outdamages cosmic until 45 defense if constant fire. Is heavily outdamaged past this point by cosmic. Shots are still slow and range is a little less than cosmic. Doesn't have armor piercing to make up for the damage increase. Still can fit the role of building a small shot wall like donald trump.

Welp that's it for now. Clearly there are many more items that need rebalancing, and we plan on touching up on those later!

Clearly these rebalances are not perfect and require a lot of help from the community to make them just right. If you have a problem with any of these rebalances, please state why its over or under powered, and how we can improve it.

If you see any typos or something like that, PM me directly so I can fix them<3 Tyvm for taking a look at this stuff.
    0_1470651288672_Kitty.PNG
    -Dps charts have been removed for now. Will add them back when the balancing starts to be more stable.

• I like these suggestions but i would recommend to lower the damage on the Murderous Shuriken

• I think that the damaging for murderous shuriken would be to op even with the 20 mp cost since ninjas already do around 200 dmg when they have a good katana and maxxed att and doing that would let them be able to do more damage whenever they want

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@Halloweenie Lowered the damage even more.
    @Replica Any suggestions for replacements/balancing?

• @Pringle You could raise the mp cost to 25 or 30 the damaging buff would be overused if it got added so might as well make it so people can't use it as long. And i like what you suggested for lost light prism

• @Pringle A little damage boost on the Noble staff would be nice

• Ya raise the damage for noble staff. The dmg should make up for just 1 shot.

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@Halloweenie Alrighty, raised the damage on the noble staff from 135-135 to 150-150.

@Replica Raised the mana consumption to 25mp/sec.

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@Pringle Looks awesome so far. Good job.
    Could you take a look at the Janus set? that thing needs a lot of tweaking.

• @Pringle Lower the shuriken damage to 250-200, the damage buff on nilly's makes it stronger

• No Chill.

These suggestions are great, but the only problem is that nilly's needs bad custom items to balance the over powered ones such as Caps sword or Boshy Gun. It because of this that people stop playing because they get bored. A game with no challenge isn't fun.

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@MrBoom I agree that overpowered items ruin the enjoyment of a game.
    @Halloweenie Alright!
    @Potman Don't worry, We'll be looking into a whole bunch more items soon! Thanks for the suggestion.

• @Pringle Next time when you need someone to help you with the stats, i could help

• Some things
    -Cap sword
    Uh spell
    HellFire Robe
    Esben
    these are for nerf

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@Halloweenie I'll consider it. ^^

@Cultist I'll look into those after I get back from school. thanks for the suggestions!

• Famous Forumers

@Pringle For the Staff of Noble Magic, maybe add a slight wave to the single shot?
    Ex:
    Amplitude: 0.4
    Frequency: 1
    It will help with aiming.

• Honestly I'm very against Ninjas having a damaging buff. They have enough dps as it is, they definitely don't need more, that only worsens the problem about OP items.
    Noble magic rebalance sounds alright.
    Another problem here with the Lost Light prism. It's fine as it is, actually it's a bit OP if you ask me. A definite no from me if you want to buff it. Trickster stealing the Rogue's ability is enough, they already have the most dps out of any dagger class and get to cloak at the same time!
    Endless Torment staff idea is okay.

Can't really go into more detail at the moment, anyways good luck with the rest of the project.

• ALLAHU AKBAR!!!

@Pringle said in The Great Rebalancing (Feat. Charizard):

There are a lot of cool items in Nilly's Realm that are very unique and balanced to serve a purpose in the game. That being said, there are plenty of weapons that aren't unique or balanced in the game. I have a few ideas on how to spice these up a tad.

Warning: These balances are not perfect and may be completely overpowered or underpowered. Please if you feel like they are, explain why and your reasons for thinking so.

I couldn't do this alone, so I asked Charizard if he'd be kind enough to help me, and he did.

0_1470651095846_6567fghfhg.PNG

• #1 : Murderous Shuriken 0_1470644730414_upload-210adb14-733f-4d4a-81a8-ca49ebcff660

This is the only unique shuriken to Nilly's Realm currently, and it's not really unique at all. It has the same stats as the t6, except it costs 40 less mana. Seriously?

Suggestions:
    Remove speedy buff
    Double MP consumption per second (25mp/sec)
    Damage reduced to 200-250.
    Add damaging buff
    Shot hits multiple targets
    Unique: Offers a dammaging buff. Doesn't have speedy buff. Shots hit multiple targets. No other shuriken does these things.
    Balanced: Removes ninja's speedy buff that most ninjas rely on. Damage is lowered to compensate for hitting multiple targets. Mana usage is doubled to compensate for the damaging buff.

• #2 : Staff of Noble Magic 0_1470645992592_upload-2eecc049-19ea-4e39-a934-49e5c355f714

This is one of the many staves in Nilly's Realm, but it has a serious problem. It's nothing but a t11 staff reskin with additional stats. Probably one of the saddest items in Nilly's Realm.

Suggestions:
    Lowered shots from 2 to 1
    Raised damage to minimal 150 and 150 maximum

Unique: Only staff in the game that shoots a single shot.
    Balanced: Is a single shot staff that deals decent long-ranged damage. Doesn't outclass any staff in its specific use.

• #3 : Lost Light Prism 0_1470646182873_upload-11c996b4-81dc-402d-9d4e-e36a58571ea5

This is a prism that at first glance looks like a cool planewalker for tricksters, but when you actually compare the two, this prism is so gimped its actually pathetic. Not only is the cooldown nearly doubled in comparison, but you also have to deal with your decoy that can potentially kill you when using this. It also has an insanely high mana cost.

Suggestions:
    Lower mana consumption to 100 cost.
    Lower cooldown to 7.5 seconds.
    Lower decoy duration to 2 seconds.

Unique: Is the only prism that allows you to turn invisible.
    Balanced: Doesn't outclass normal prisms. Deals with a high cooldown, lower decoy duration, and slightly higher mana cost in return for invisibility.

• #4 : Endless Torment Staff 0_1470647844537_upload-e42371ec-519d-4c38-957f-cb9659139643

On first glance to the stats, It's clear this staff isn't good at all, and on second glance: It's still shit. There is no good side to this weapon. It is outclassed by every staff and doesn't serve a purpose in Nilly's Realm. It's in desperate need of a buff.

Suggestions:
    Raise the damage to 55 minimal to 65 maximum.
    Double shot speed.
    Slightly lower the lifetime to compensate, but not too much.
    Removed armor piercing.

Unique: Highest fire rate of any staff.
    Balanced: Outdamages cosmic until 45 defense if constant fire. Is heavily outdamaged past this point by cosmic. Shots are still slow and range is a little less than cosmic. Doesn't have armor piercing to make up for the damage increase. Still can fit the role of building a small shot wall like donald trump.

Welp that's it for now. Clearly there are many more items that need rebalancing, and we plan on touching up on those later!

Clearly these rebalances are not perfect and require a lot of help from the community to make them just right. If you have a problem with any of these rebalances, please state why its over or under powered, and how we can improve it.

If you see any typos or something like that, PM me directly so I can fix them<3 Tyvm for taking a look at this stuff.
    0_1470651288672_Kitty.PNG
    -Dps charts have been removed for now. Will add them back when the balancing starts to be more stable.

Endless should armor piercing because he shoots , " fire "

• I got one last thing to say
    shadyman did it better

• Wiki Editor

Murderous Shuriken: Not bad of an idea… I likey.

Staff of Noble Magic: That makes the stave even worse until semi-higher DEF (which Gclimbing dominates) and makes the set its in complete trash until very high DEF (which climbing still does more)

Lost Light Prism: You have consider: tricksters are supposed to use decoys, not invisibility. With invisibility and high DPS, you’re considering that I can insta-smoke a Skull Shrine with an Invisi or a Bbath, which is insane. 6 seconds I was able to smoke a Skull Shrine with a maxed Rouge. With a trickster, this was within a 4 second frame with a Bbath/Invisi. Its powerful the way it is right now, and buffing it makes it too powerful for events.

Staff of Endless Torment: If you’re saying 300% fire rate but no armor-piercing, its DPS’s gonna fall like the niggers in Africa with ebola (sorry). Up to you man: this item’s far too pointless in the first place.

@Cultist Shady has some amazing ideas, but thing is that some of his items are possibly a challenge to code in. My personal opinion.

• How long does this damaging buff last? Recommendation would be 2.5 seconds

Also, lowering the damage on the Murderous Shuriken by 450-500 might be better since it has a damaging buff and pierces trough enemies

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@Pringle A couple of suggestions: Buff skull of esben to match up to skull of cubes
    Nerf tiered skull MP cost
    Look into an esben staff buff.
    EDIT: BUFF the Scepter of Geb! possibly give it 2 shots and reduce waviness?

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@Pringle I'm Gay

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@Roosti Th...Thanks for your input...

• Lovecraft

@Pringle Dont we alr have UH staff. Are'nt u makeing endless torment lesser like climbing but even more like UH staff but with the extra pew pew atk spd?

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@Typhoon I'm actually trying to make it less like climbing my removing the armor pierce. And just because it has high base damage doesn't mean its trying to outclass UH staff. It's focus is to take care of smaller defense monsters, awhile UH staff is geared more toward the inbetween.

Looks like your connection to Nilly's Realm was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.