Death Bringer (my first sprites, i hope i'm doing this right)

• alt text
    alt text
    Name: Staff of Xander
    Description: A long black staff that vibrates with power, crafted by Xander from ebony and diamonds stained with blood from the great war that it started... and finished.
    Stats:
    -Shots: 2
    -Damage: 60-80 ( Average: 70)
    -Projectile Speed: 18
    -Lifetime: 0.475 seconds
    -Range: 10
    -Amplitude: 0.5
    -Frequency: 2
    Fame Bonus: 5%
    Sprite: alt text
    Why is this item unique and balanced?
    The Staff of Xander has a higher range but a lower damage rate. It's range helps the Wizard to get a hit in on bosses to are far and/or dangerous for them to attack, providing a greater chance for survival of those bosses and a greater chance to receive SB damage.

alt text
    alt text
    Name: Spell of Absolute Chaos
    Description: A spell found sealed away in a temple known for its evil deeds against humanity.
    Stats:
    -Shots: 20
    -Damage: 90-130 (110)
    -Total Damage: 1800-2600 (2200)
    -Projectile Speed: 17
    -Range: 15
    Effects: Shots Paralyze target for 3 seconds and Bleed target for 5 seconds
    Fame Bonus: 4%
    The Spell of Absolute Chaos sacrifices damage for a paralyzing and bleeding effect. With the Paralyze a wizard can immobilize any Realm Gods or dungeon minions in its way, and Bleed to help destroy said enemies.

alt text

Name: Robe of Death
    Description: A very dark robe said to be woven in the 9th circle of Hell, this robe is not for the weak.
    Stat Bonuses: +30 HP, +30 MP, +14 Def
    Fame Bonus: 5%
    Why is this item unique and Balanced?
    The Robe of Death provide a good defense for the Wizard, as well as a slight HP/MP bonus to help survive dungeons and Events.

alt text

Name: Amulet of the Underworld
    Description: A powerful amulet forged by Hades, a gift to Xander to protect him from Deaths cold clutches.
    Stat Bonuses: +110 HP, +3 ATT, +6 DEF
    Fame Bonus: 4%
    The Amulet of the Underworld gives a large HP bonus with a good DEF and ATT bonus that I think wraps this set up nicely.

This is my first time making any sprites so any criticism will help, I know the sprite images aren't the best but i know i'll get better the more i do this. I'm open to any suggestions and advice.

• Hmm, does anyone know how to make the sprite images larger so you can see them better?

• 🏤 Forum Citizens 🏡

Give me the link of the original sizes and I can make the image magically appear here.

• I want to die

just snip them from the art maker itself.

like this:
    0_1470967365524_upload-792e0070-a61f-4590-8c15-0dc32a26c786

using paint.net is better for this, you can make your sprites in 8x8 directly without going through the process of grabbing them from rotmg art maker.

as for the sprites themselves... yeah they are pretty bad.
    pitch black on a sprite looks terrible if combined with a color that doesn't go with black.

for the stats...
    Staff is just a better crystal serpent staff,
    Spell has high base damage + has 2 effects, which would absolutely destroy any enemy,
    Robe is outclassed by shendyt,
    aaaand the Ring is a better defensive pyra.

compare your stats with other items in the game, be sure to balance it too. try to come up with a better color scheme when it comes to sprites, and be sure to shade them too.

• Wiki Editor

Here's the thing (yellow already said it):

• The staff (as yellow said) is a better Cserp at higher DEF... may want to fix that.
    • The spell is quite op as it’s a literal point-blank button and boom, paralysis/bleeding. That’s pretty dang powerful… makes archer/huntress useless.
    • The robe is just a shendyt with less def and other stats for +5 HP/MP. Rip.
    • The ring’s a variant of the pyra with less ATK for more DEF/HP.

Yellow already got the picture part xd

And fuck, yellow said half the stuff i said xd.

• Okay, thank you for the advice. Next I'll be more thorough about comparing them to other equipment. I'll go over the sprites and try to do some shading. Again thank you for the help, I'll upload the changes when I'm done.

• How are these sprites? 0_1470971199367_Death Bringer Set staff.PNG 0_1470971205003_Death Bringer Set staff proj.PNG 0_1470971207667_Death bringer Set spell.PNG 0_1470971210515_Death Bringet Set spell proj.PNG 0_1470971212195_Death Bringer Set.PNG 0_1470971214138_Death Bringer Set amulet.PNG

• Creativity Cafe ☕

They are bad.
    Black as base is hard to use, even more if you don't know how to shade.
    I recommend you to see some spriting guides on the "how to" section.

• Okay thank you I'll definitely look into to those. And I just wanted to say I didn't use black on these new ones those are grey, I'm not saying that it still isn't hard to use but i just wanted to say that i got rid of the black. Again thank you for your input.

• So I've decided on not to start making sets and focus on one item at a time so i can get the hang of this. Thank all of you who commented any advice and criticism it helped a lot. I will be posting another item soon so please come comment what you think there.

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@Namor we got'ya buddy

Btw what you're doing is the first step to make a set(after you make one piece, think about how the other will make the other one better)

Looks like your connection to Nilly's Realm was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.