Sword Idea

• 0_1470977651380_Sword of the Eternal Flame.PNG0_1470977790356_Capture.PNG
    Name: Sword of the Eternal Flame
    Description: A sword bestowed upon this world by Satan himself to wreak havoc wherever it goes.
    Tier: Untiered
    Stats:
    -Shots: 1
    -Damage: 250-300 (Average: 275)
    -Range: 4
    Stat Bonuses: +3 ATT, -2 VIT, -3 DEX
    Effects: Shot hits multiple targets
    Fame Bonus: 5%
    Why is this item unique and balanced?
    The Sword of Eternal Flame has a slightly higher range than other swords, with the ability to hit multiple enemies. It gives a +3 too ATT but a -2 to VIT, and a -3 to DEX.

0_1470980095366_Archdemon Malphas.PNG

Drops from Archdemon Malphas with a 0.001 chance to drop.

• Creativity Cafe ☕

Eh, I think there are enough ranged based swords as it is.

• Okay I'll keep that in mind, thank you.

• to* sorry didn't see that

• honestly this sword is a 100% nope to lazy to explain atm

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@Namor Sprite is very bland, try and compare its stats to pizza sword and use a pfiffel for a DPS graph. Who knows, this could become a decent idea.

• Too overpowered. Same damage as Z-Saber with a bit less range (still more than Acclaim) and pierces enemies rather than obstacles. It's just a straight up massive upgrade from Acclaim. Also, the Dex and Att pretty much cancel out, remove the bonuses. -2 Vit is negligible, remove it or increase the amount of negative Vit. Right now, this is definitely not going to happen.

• @Potman

Okay I'll go over it and see what i can do. Thanks for the DPS graph I've seen that before i just didn't know what it was called.

• @Wizardism Okay, I will adjust the stats accordingly and switch that eff with passes through obstacles if you have any other suggestions i wold like to hear them. Thank you for this advice.

• Creativity Cafe ☕

There are enough swords that drop from that dungeon.

Plus, archdemon already drops a sword. (two if you include reskin.)

• Creativity Cafe ☕

I'm just going to put this here until @BLOODQWEN tells me to remove it.
    0_1471005024645_1469628643794-10-10-no-add-try.png

• @Pringle Yeah but i couldn't think of any other boss at the time. If you would like to suggest one i would appreciate it.

• @Potman said in Sword Idea:

@Namor Sprite is very bland, try and compare its stats to pizza sword and use a pfiffel for a DPS graph. Who knows, this could become a decent idea.

Okay so here is the (hopefully) better sprite i thought of ( I'm going to wait on feedback to make the projectile sprite), and its current damage vs pizza sword. Pizza sword in orange.
    0_1471049665415_3.PNG

0_1471049693130_4.PNG
    Also new stat bonuses and effect change.
    Stats Bonus: -8 VIT
    Effect: Shots pass through obstacles.

Any more suggestion would be nice. Please check out my Tome idea and tell me what you think.

• Famous Forumers

@Namor This is a sword that has more range and damage than T14 sword, and pierces. The only drawback is -8 VIT, which knights and warriors both have 75 of, and pally has its healing effect from seal. In conclusion, either make it have low damage, remove piercing, or have low range.

• @Pyrouge said in Sword Idea:

@Namor This is a sword that has more range and damage than T14 sword, and pierces. The only drawback is -8 VIT, which knights and warriors both have 75 of, and pally has its healing effect from seal. In conclusion, either make it have low damage, remove piercing, or have low range.

Okay, I'll get on that.

Okay, I hope this is better.
    Damage: 200-250
    Stat Bonus: -15 VIT
    Effect: Shot passes through obstacles
    Range: 4

Here it is compared with other high end swords. Also how does the sprite look is the new one good or should i scrap that one too?
    0_1471063431328_6.PNG

• Famous Forumers

@Namor -15 VIT? Really? That's way too much for a weapon, which isn't supossed to give stat bonuses. If it's for crowd control, have more shots. If it's not, remove piercing. The sprite looks horrible. The old one was better. The blade is too wide and there's barely any hilt with a very wide handle. It just looks like you colored different sections of a diagonal stick.

@Namor -15 VIT? Really? That's way too much for a weapon, which isn't supossed to give stat bonuses. If it's for crowd control, have more shots. If it's not, remove piercing. The sprite looks horrible. The old one was better. The blade is too wide and there's barely any hilt with a very wide handle. It just looks like you colored different sections of a diagonal stick.

Okay, I'll get on this right away.

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@Namor I like the new sprite, but it looks a lot more like a dagger. Try making the blade less yellow

Now for the stats:
    Try not going too heavily on stat bonuses on weapons, and think through it more methodically.
    Lets start with pizza sword: 1 shot, 200-250 dmg, 5 range and 80% fire rate.
    Bringing the range down to 4 justifies a dmg up. Pizza has 20% more range than yours, so 10% more damage seems fair. This takes us to approximately 220-275 (247.5) But pizza sword has 20% less firerate than the average sword, so upping the dmg by a further 10% seems fair-ish. That takes us to 240-300 (270) total. Adding piercing means you should deduct some more dmg, but that is entirely up to you how much. I'd reccomend 10-20%, or just a flat number.
    Back to stat bonuses: I'd say -2 vit and +2 wis seems reasonable.

Some other swords with 4 range (same as yours) are the Flaming Sword of Fury, Eternal Rest and Sadist blade of the King, but I don't have enough time on my hands to compare them all.

Have fun making the weapon! :)

• @Potman said in Sword Idea:

@Namor I like the new sprite, but it looks a lot more like a dagger. Try making the blade less yellow

Now for the stats:
    Try not going too heavily on stat bonuses on weapons, and think through it more methodically.
    Lets start with pizza sword: 1 shot, 200-250 dmg, 5 range and 80% fire rate.
    Bringing the range down to 4 justifies a dmg up. Pizza has 20% more range than yours, so 10% more damage seems fair. This takes us to approximately 220-275 (247.5) But pizza sword has 20% less firerate than the average sword, so upping the dmg by a further 10% seems fair-ish. That takes us to 240-300 (270) total. Adding piercing means you should deduct some more dmg, but that is entirely up to you how much. I'd reccomend 10-20%, or just a flat number.
    Back to stat bonuses: I'd say -2 vit and +2 wis seems reasonable.

Some other swords with 4 range (same as yours) are the Flaming Sword of Fury, Eternal Rest and Sadist blade of the King, but I don't have enough time on my hands to compare them all.

Have fun making the weapon! :)

Thanks mate this helps a lot. I'll get back to you when I'm done.

• @Potman
    @Pyrouge said in Sword Idea:

I hope this is better.
    0_1471095103328_10.PNG
    0_1471095439993_11.PNG
    Stats:
    -Shots: 1
    -Damage: 220-260 (Average: 240)
    -Range: 4
    Stat Bonuses: -3 Vit, +3 Wis
    Effect: Shot passes through obstacles.
    Fame Bonus: 5%
    Sprite: alt text alt text
    Why is this item unique and balanced?
    The Sword of Eternal Flame has a range of 4 and the ability to pass through obstacles, it's damage is ranged lower than Acclaim to make up for that. This sword also gives a +3 to WIS and a -3 to VIT.

• XD I forgot the DPS Chart, sorry for that.
    0_1471097489517_XD.PNG

• Famous Forumers

@Namor That's basically a Z-Saber.

• lower the dmg

Looks like your connection to Nilly's Realm was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.