A little consumable items rebalancing

• A small silly suggestion for tinctures and effusions, to improve their usefulness.
    Imo, tinctures last too shortly and look like trash in terms of usefulness.
    Here are my changes:

Effusions should have a 30 second cooldown.
    Tinctures should have a 10 second cooldown

Dexterity Tincture: +15 DEX for 60 seconds, Berserk for 5 seconds
    Defense Tincture: +15 DEF for 60 seconds, Armored for 4 seconds
    (Why armored? Its OP... Not. Remember about maximum damage reduction in nilly, its only 75%. It also lasts only a few seconds, its not permanent)
    Life Tincture: +125 MaxHP for 60 seconds, Healing for 5 seconds
    Mana Tincture: +125 MaxMP for 60 seconds, +150 MP restored

Effusion of Dexterity: +30 DEX for 90 seconds, Party Berserk for 5 seconds
    Effusion of Defense: +30 DEF for 90 seconds, Party Armored for 3 seconds
    Effusion of Life: +125 MaxHP for 90 seconds, Party Healing for 5 seconds
    Effusion of Mana: +125 MaxMP for 90 seconds, Party +150 MP restored

Tincture of Courage: +15 ATT and -10 SPD for 60 seconds, Damaging and Slowed for 5 seconds
    Tincture of Fear: +15 SPD and -10 ATT for 60 seconds, Speedy and Weak for 5 seconds

Status effects do NOT stack.

Now for restoratives.

Snake Oil: +100 HP to party ---> Snake Oil: +150 HP to party
    Pollen Powder: +100 MP to party ---> Pollen Powder: +150 MP to party
    Healing Ichor: +150 HP ---> Healing Ichor: +250 HP
    Mad God Ale: +100 HP, +100 MP, Drunk for 8 sec ---> Mad God Ale: +200 HP, +200 MP, Drunk for 8 sec
    Oryx Stout: +200 HP, Drunk for 8 sec ---> Oryx Stout: +300 HP, Drunk for 8 sec
    Realm-wheat Hefeweizen is okay
    All Candyland Gumballs should last 30 seconds, instead of 20.

Drop Rate changes:
    Asylum Loot Eye: Effusion of Dexterity (0.1 drop rate) ---> (0.05 drop rate)
    Asylum Statue: Effusion of Dexterity (0.1 drop rate) ---> (0.05 drop rate)
    Sarcophagi tincture drop rate should be divided by 3, guaranteed drop for two people only.

Ok, write your opinion below. Criticism, wall of text, etc. - all of that is welcome, as long, as you help me balance this.

• 🏤 Forum Citizens 🏡

This is great, would add a bit more individuality to NR compared to prod and other private servers. +1

• Wiki Editor

Good idea @Vasya +1. :3

I even had my own ideas of turning the candyland food shit and turn them into something useful but this works too :P

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@Vasya I really like this. Do you plan to rebalance gumballs, and possibly make food items useful? Either way, +1.

• @Potman said in A little consumable items rebalancing:

possibly make food items useful?

Already did.
    http://nillysrealm.com/topic/3007/food-consumable
    Kinda unbalanced/balanced, this topic is untouched for months.

But to be honest, @KarkVant was one step ahead of me:
    http://nillysrealm.com/topic/87/official-idea-thread/718

Do you plan to rebalance gumballs?

Nope. In my opinion, gumballs should stay like that. They aren't infused with some dark magic, they're just some sweet consumables that are supposed to last short and be slightly effective :3
    But tinctures, there are some unknown ingredients, which give unknown power... So they have more potential than gumballs. Anyway, if i were to buff gumballs, it would have a war against tinctures, so i want Gumballs to stay the lowest tier, tinctures in the middle tier, effusions in the max tier.

• Creativity Cafe ☕

All my thoughts are jumbled and they are going to end up in a stream of weird paragraphs.

Okay, I know you probably spent a garbage load of time on this, but...

I don't think that buffing them or giving them other effects would increase their usage. Whenever I would find a tincture or effusion, I would either drink it right out of the bag for the lolz or just leave it there. Same with gumballs. The only time I would truly use any of these (Effusion of Dexterity) was during a shatters, and it was only during the first boss if the group was on the small side. I don't know that dq shatters happen that much anymore, anyways.

Even with the buff, it's not like I'm going to go out of my way and search for some tinctures and effusions. I just never use them during anything major. Even if I did happen to pick some up, I usually forget to use them at all because I'm so wrapped up in what I'm already doing. The only time I ever even see people use them is in a tomb before the bosses are activated, since that's where a majority of the tinctures are found. I don't even know where you can get Life and Mana Effusions from besides OA, which isn't even a thing at the moment.

Putting a cool down on them didn't seem like a good thing to do. You usually end up with more than one tincture in a bag (well, in tombs anyways...) and only being able to choose one to use and putting the rest in your inventory if you decide to do so wouldn't be the greatest thing. I feel like you would just forget to use the other ones.

Restoratives with a cool down isn't good either. If I run out of hp pots and I just happen to have some snake oils or whatever, I am spamming the heck out of those things so I don't die. The cool down might cause more bad than good. I suppose pollen powder is okay... but I never, ever, ever, ever, ever will pick up another alcoholic restorative knowing that the drunk effect makes you have 1 frame per second. If it was switched to like slowed and dazed or something,.... well, I still wouldn't pick it up.

I dunno, it's just my play style. I hardly ever use my HP and MP pots, either. This probably doesn't apply to the majority. Oh, well. G to the G my homie V.

Also, the plural of "sarcophagus" is "sarcophagi," not "sarcophaguses." Lel. c;

• @ClrPnk said in A little consumable items rebalancing:

I don't think that buffing them or giving them other effects would increase their usage. Whenever I would find a tincture or effusion, I would either drink it right out of the bag for the lolz or just leave it there. Same with gumballs. The only time I would truly use any of these (Effusion of Dexterity) was during a shatters, and it was only during the first boss if the group was on the small side. I don't know that dq shatters happen that much anymore, anyways.

Hm, i understand that feeling. But, do you have to skip tinctures because of stress? (others playing rushing, bosses awakened, etc.) Because that's the reason why i skip them.
    There's also an issue with inventory space when it comes to tinctures, so i was also thinking "behind the scenes" about tincture hotbars, like hp and mp pots, but i was not sure if it would change anything that much.

Even with the buff, it's not like I'm going to go out of my way and search for some tinctures and effusions. I just never use them during anything major. Even if I did happen to pick some up, I usually forget to use them at all because I'm so wrapped up in what I'm already doing. The only time I ever even see people use them is in a tomb before the bosses are activated, since that's where a majority of the tinctures are found. I don't even know where you can get Life and Mana Effusions from besides OA, which isn't even a thing at the moment.

And you don't have to go out of your way and search them. Those are optional short boosts which aren't dead necessary to progress.
    Perhaps their usefulness is not really attractive, which is why you don't even look at them. I know that feel, that's how i skip my snake oils in inventory and just rely on HP pots.
    Where life and mana effusions drop, huh... damn, forgot about this. I have no idea who should drop it right now.

Putting a cool down on them didn't seem like a good thing to do. You usually end up with more than one tincture in a bag (well, in tombs anyways...) and only being able to choose one to use and putting the rest in your inventory if you decide to do so wouldn't be the greatest thing. I feel like you would just forget to use the other ones.

I made the cooldown to prevent abusing status effects, because some nasty warrior with backpack can take advantage of this, get 10+ tincs and have 50+ sec of status effect. Looking at your comment, i think i should reduce tinc cooldown to 10 seconds, and effusions to 30 seconds. The situation you've explained basically happens with every 2nd person.

Restoratives with a cool down isn't good either. If I run out of hp pots and I just happen to have some snake oils or whatever, I am spamming the heck out of those things so I don't die. The cool down might cause more bad than good. I suppose pollen powder is okay... but I never, ever, ever, ever, ever will pick up another alcoholic restorative knowing that the drunk effect makes you have 1 frame per second. If it was switched to like slowed and dazed or something,.... well, I still wouldn't pick it up.

Yeah, i screwed up this part. I just slapped a cooldown because i thought that some person will say that consumables need cooldown because of buff. I will wipe it out.
    I saw a handy amount of people drinking beers without worrying about drunk effect on prod, though nillys HP/MP pots are better than beers. Regardless, should i shorten a bit the drunk status effect?

Also, the plural of "sarcophagus" is "sarcophagi," not "sarcophaguses." Lel. c;

Oh, good to know. I'll fix that, thanks.

Thanks for the feedback!

Looks like your connection to Nilly's Realm was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.