Silence For 9/11

• If you type any response TODAY, maybe you don't have respect.

Let's see if this works.

• 🏤 Forum Citizens 🏡

Oops

• Scepters

• @TehNoobSZ alt text

No jk rip to all the people who died :(

• Fuck. You dumbass bitches memed 9/11.

• Scepters

@TehNoobSZ Was the purpose of 9/11 not to be memed?

• I don't know , maybe my whole family died in a fire, because of a 9/11 shrine accident .

• Scepters

@TehNoobSZ Well, that is indeed tragic, but you have no business attempting to make others feel empathetic for you, on NR. It only rubs salt in the wound.

• I'm not making you feel bad for me.

• Meme

For some people it's 10/11 already so we can shitpost as much as we want and you can do nothing about it (づ◕ ͜ʖ◕)づ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡°ل͜ ͡°)ᕙ( ͡⎚ ͜ʖ ͡⎚)ᕗ

• yep. ;/ . this is society we live in .

• Meme

also #unbanmyniggaloudman

• I just got T R I G G E R E D .

• My Uncle died there :(

• Famous Forumers

@TehNoobSZ Just remember that humans have existed for millions of years, but you managed to live in the days where memes existed.

• Creativity Cafe ☕

I'm going to be very blunt here when I say this: most people, including me, couldn't care less.

I'm not trying to sound like a complete jerk, just half of one. No, but seriously, ask most people in America if the have any connections of reasoning to care about the events of 9/11, or have family members related to the incident, and you're almost garenteed the answer NO, or you would if people were honest. Because of social media shame, people that truely don't care would never say so, and instead publicy make themselves look like they care twice as hard as anybody else. I feel like most people today practically CELEBRATE 9/11 as an event to get empathy from others and make themselves seem sympathetic to their peers.

Now n' days its nothing more than a bundle of moral lessons, tear jerking, and social media cloaks of pride, waving their American flags in the air as if its the only time of the year we should care.

On to anybody else out there who actually gives a damn of this unfortunate moment in history, then dicks out to you my friend. For you are the vast minority that I have respect for. If you, or a loved one, was effected by this event, then this wasn't directed at you. It's directed at social degenerates who think life is nothing more than likes and the eyes that fall on to the text they are saying. I care very little about this event because people have watered down the meaning and purpose behind looking back at it.

I'm not posting this because I have no respect, I'm posting this because I think silencing myself for a moment in time 15 years ago is stupid, and if you wanted people to be silenced you just shouldn't of brought it up to begin with. I'll just stop now before I somehow offend anybody

• Donor

Roses are red
    Harambe's in heaven
    George W. Bush
    Did 9/11

• Plebs

@Pringle said in Silence For 9/11:

I'm going to be very blunt here when I say this: most people, including me, couldn't care less.

I'm not trying to sound like a complete jerk, just half of one. No, but seriously, ask most people in America if the have any connections of reasoning to care about the events of 9/11, or have family members related to the incident, and you're almost garenteed the answer NO, or you would if people were honest. Because of social media shame, people that truely don't care would never say so, and instead publicy make themselves look like they care twice as hard as anybody else. I feel like most people today practically CELEBRATE 9/11 as an event to get empathy from others and make themselves seem sympathetic to their peers.

Now n' days its nothing more than a bundle of moral lessons, tear jerking, and social media cloaks of pride, waving their American flags in the air as if its the only time of the year we should care.

On to anybody else out there who actually gives a damn of this unfortunate moment in history, then dicks out to you my friend. For you are the vast minority that I have respect for. If you, or a loved one, was effected by this event, then this wasn't directed at you. It's directed at social degenerates who think life is nothing more than likes and the eyes that fall on to the text they are saying. I care very little about this event because people have watered down the meaning and purpose behind looking back at it.

I'm not posting this because I have no respect, I'm posting this because I think silencing myself for a moment in time 15 years ago is stupid, and if you wanted people to be silenced you just shouldn't of brought it up to begin with. I'll just stop now before I somehow offend anybody

99% of us do not have a relation to the holocaust, but it was still a disaster that should not be forgotten, and we should respect the ones who became victims of it.

I for one, do not have anything about 9/11 that relates to me, but I still feel sorrow for those who do.

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@Dip I'ma do another little rant, as you bought up a good point. Nothing in this rant directed at you unless specified otherwise.

TL;DR: I feel that respect is based on your perspective, and that feeling sorry for somebody's past is very, VERY different than respecting them. I'm tired of seeing people posting about how they respect America and people who died in 9/11, and then weeks later if they find out anything bad happened involving America they'll likely throw America into a negative light.

I just wish people would mean it before they say it.

I partially agree, Dip. I'm very sad thousands of people died with little to no control in two towers burnt to the ground. I respect that in their last time living, they made an effort to get out of the burning mass to reunite with their families to get past another day.

Showing respect for somebody or talking about showing respect for somebody are two different things. One doesn't require people to open their mouth or streach out their hands go to the nearest/most relevent way to communicate and say "Here's out to those who've passed in 9/11" with some generic picture of an American flag as they go out for the rest of their day caring little to not at all about the importance of the event.

Whether or not I respect somebody who's passed or has a family member whos passed during 9/11 is 100% up to me. Respect is completely dependent on the person themselves. It's like two nations in a war. Those who fight in once side will be respected by their nation, as those who fought on the other will be respected by their nation. I, for one, don't really say I respect those who died in the holocost. I just feel kinda bad for them. Does that make me a bad person, or is it because I just have little to no connection to the events?

I feel like respect is earned based on your perspective of the world and it's inhabitants, not specific to which animal, and whether or not you choose to or not. I think that we shouldn't forget 9/11, but I don't think we should brandish around the event as if it were a trophy riding our metaphorical horses on the open plains of the internet for attention.

What I'm trying to get across is if people are going to respect something or someone, they should actually mean it before acting like they do. I was mostly saying that as a rant to get it off my chest, as it has been storing up over a few years. Some people think that if you don't respect something or someone, then you're cruel or horrible.

The holocost was a very serious time in history for jewish people, and others of which it has effected, just like how 9/11 is important to Americans and some allies of them. I can choose to respect both, but I chose to respect 9/11 because it was more relevent to me because I have more connections than I do to the holocost. something I have no connections to and know little to nothing about other than what history books have provided.

I probably made myself look like a hypocrit somewhere in there, but I have many conflicting opinions in my head. That's enough 9/11 talk from me for another year. If anybody wants to keep this going, I'll happily reply in PMs. I think I may have over did it in this post.

• I couldn't care in the slightest. It was a tragedy, true, but from all tragedies I believe we should just learn to move on. Why look toward the past when we can move on and protect our future? Sure, I feel sorry for those who had lost loved ones in the incident, however those who were not directly affected by it should just leave it like that. It'd be much more respectful than having a bunch of random people pretending they actually care when they don't.

What are we doing about things like world hunger, poverty, education, etc? Honestly, all these people held up on the past and most of them don't even lift a finger to do shit about the future. The irony actually pisses me off.

My honest opinion.

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@Wizardism Possiblly because as you said, those people weren't affected by hunger, or poverty

• Famous Forumers

@ColdBlade No, mostly because people want to look cool and sympathetic because of 9/11. Most people actually don't give a shit. Like you. Do you really care about other people dying? When they're already going to die?

• @ColdBlade I was referring to the people who weren't affected by it and decided to jump on the bandwagon to "pay respects." They weren't affected by the previous event yet they "care", but they care to do nothing about current issues?

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@Wizardism Same thing with the hunger and poverty

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@Pyrouge The true fear is of death, but really we should be fearing "early death"
    (i agree with your point though but im too tired to banana)

• Detective

@ColdBlade fear controls everything we do tbh.

Looks like your connection to Nilly's Realm was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.