Another OA Suggestion

• I have an idea for OA. What i suggest is - "mini-quests".
    Every 5 waves, all people will gain different series of tasks. Types of tasks include:
    Damage Dealt
    Monsters Killed
    Bosses Killed
    Health Restored

Those aren't the only tasks which should be available. There can be other stuff, but im just giving examples, i dont want to make it too long.

Let's take a "Damage Dealt" for example, and a wave 1. There will be 4 milestones, which you need to complete until wave 6. If you complete task earlier than reaching wave 6, you will NOT gain any other tasks till you reach wave 6.

1000 DMG -> 3500 DMG -> 7500 DMG -> 12500 DMG
    Of course, the rewards are included.
    One catch: All items you get are soulbound.
    (assuming that we start from 1000 dmg):

+15 (random stat) for 120 seconds -> Random Stat Potion (excluding life/mana) -> Life or Mana -> Random WC Top.

Monsters Killed + wave 1 (same stuff as Damage Dealt):

5 monsters -> 10 monsters -> 25 monsters -> 40 monsters

Bosses Killed:

1 boss -> 2 bosses -> 3 bosses -> 4 bosses

Health Restored:

+750 HP -> +1750 HP -> +3500 HP -> +6500 HP

Now, the larger the wave, the harder the task gets.
    (Exception: Bosses. There are 5 bosses maximum per 5 waves)
    Starting from wave 6, the task demand multiplies by:
    x1.3 -> x1.3 -> x1.4 -> x1.4 -> x1.5 -> x1.5 -> x1.6 -> ...

Let's take wave 11 for example with Damage Dealt Lv. 4 task:
    To complete level 4 task, the amount of damage required to deal is 12500 * 1.3 * 1.5 = 21125 DMG

Rewards should get better too. Here are rewards:
    Wave 1: +15 (random stat) for 120 seconds -> Random Stat Potion (excluding life/mana) -> Life or Mana -> Random WC Top.
    Wave 6: +15 (random stat) for 120 seconds -> Random Stat Potion (excluding life/mana) -> Life or Mana -> Random WC Top. (no changes)
    Wave 11: +30 (random stat) for 120 seconds -> 2 Random Stat Potions -> (Snake/Sprite/UDL/Abyss key) -> 3 Random WC Tops
    Wave 16: +30 (random stat) for 120 seconds -> 2 Random Stat Potions -> (Candyland/Cemetery/Ivory/Bella key) -> 3 Random WC Tops
    Wave 21: 3 Random Stat Potions -> 2 Random WC Tops -> Shaitans/Shatters/Tomb/OT/Turkey Time key -> Random UT (Bone Dagger/EP/Planewalker/Bulwark/Condu/Csword/Cwand/Cutlass/Tablet/Ctrap)
    Wave 26: 4 Random Stat Potions -> 3 Random WC Tops -> Shaitans/Shatters/Tomb/OT/Turkey Time key -> Any UT Item (excluding cap sword, pristine wand, plague poison, boshy/kid/mega items)
    Wave 31: 3 Random Greater Stat Potions -> Random ST Item -> Turkey Time/Jeebs/Pac key -> 2 Random UT Items (excluding boshy/kid/mega items)
    Wave 36: 4 Random Greater Stat Potions -> 2 Random ST Items -> Turkey Time/Jeebs/Pac key -> 3 Random UT Items (excluding boshy/kid/mega items)

Q/A:
    Q: Holy bonkers. You need to do so much for 4th task at wave 20+. Are you insane?
    A: Nooope. First, you have 5 waves to accomplish all of this. Remember: Bigger waves, bigger + more enemies. Most people nexus when reaching wave 30. Also, to complete these tasks, you must participate, not sit and then complain why you get no loot.

Q: So OP players will get OP loot and poor players will get no loot?
    A: That's how it should be. Don't take arena as a free item generator. Of course you will have to be strong to gain riches and fame. The stronger the hunter, the richer he/she is. Why a powerful player should get a purple bag? It just doesn't make any sense.

If you think rewards are too OP, think again. This is an OA suggestion. OA's are usually announced when opened. 50+ players come inside, prepare for steamrolls. Also this is death arena, so you either fight, or die.
    Of course, there can be tasks which reward you for participating. Buuut can't think of anything atm.

• Creativity Cafe ☕

Hey, that's pretty good!

• So, more loot for Boshy Gun wielders?

I know there's like 2 or 3 people with the Gun, but it doesn't change the fact that particular person will complete the 3 tasks easily.

The only solution for this is that you CAN'T go into Oryx Arena with Boshy Gun.

• @loudman42069 said in Another OA Suggestion:

Hey, that's pretty good!

c:

@Paracosm said in Another OA Suggestion:

So, more loot for Boshy Gun wielders?

I know there's like 2 or 3 people with the Gun, but it doesn't change the fact that particular person will complete the 3 tasks easily.

The only solution for this is that you CAN'T go into Oryx Arena with Boshy Gun.

Oh yeah, boshy gun, i forgot... Yes, there should be an exception for boshy gun wielders, i agree with you.

• Detective

I've made a thread about OA. It was a really supported idea (sadly Bolok locked it).

The problem is with the servers. There are 4 servers.
    What if someone opens OA in Birbs?
    What will happen to people in ex. Marketplace?
    With 3 realms, the key has 3x higher chance to* drop.
    What will happen to the drop rate?

Also didn't read, Queen's ideas are always great.
    I just didn't see anything about the key.

• A Waste of Matter

This...

This is a beautiful idea. ;p

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@Jack-the-Ripper said in Another OA Suggestion:

What if someone opens OA in Birbs?
    What will happen to people in ex. Marketplace?

There should be a notification that says "OA has been opened on [server name]!"

• @Jack-the-Ripper said in Another OA Suggestion:

With 3 realms, the key has 3x higher chance to* drop.

I doubt it. I mean, 3 server's realms close at the same time (usually). Oryx Castle + Chamber usually take at least 5 mins, so you won't reach other closed realms any time soon.

What will happen to the drop rate?

Well, if OA key gets VERY common, perhaps there should be an OA portal cooldown - after OA finishes, it should have a cooldown of 1 hour.

• ALLAHU AKBAR!!!

Did uh wand drop here?(Megaman dropping only blaster...Something more?Or its cap sword and other kool shet?
    @Paracosm private oa for boshy gun?xd

• Detective

@loudman42069 Insta-full then?
    @Vasya You didn't get my point (or i didn't get yours), there are 3 realms now. There's 3x more people doing oryx.

It's not about Me/You switching the server, it's about the amount of people doing oryx.

• @maksimUT said in Another OA Suggestion:

Did uh wand drop here?(Megaman dropping only blaster...Something more?Or its cap sword and other kool shet?

I think huge effort of players is enough to compensate for bigger loot, so imo cap sword/pristine/uh wand should be ok as a reward. The palet of UTs is too damn big, so it is also about luck.

(also, i said no boshy/kid/mega items)

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@Jack-the-Ripper Yeah.
    Insta-full is actually pretty useful.
    Insta-full = Less people = Less leechers = More loot for you

• Detective

@loudman42069
    Pretty sure that Insta Full ≠ Less People

• @Jack-the-Ripper said in Another OA Suggestion:

@Vasya You didn't get my point (or i didn't get yours), there are 3 realms now. There's 3x more people doing oryx.

Ah, that's what you meant. I don't think its up to me to decide, we should just watch the stock and see how it goes. If it gets implemented, either the OA key should have lower drop rate, or only one OA per server. Or it can be anything to make it less common.

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@Jack-the-Ripper Let's imagine a situation like this:
    "Someone opens OA on harambe which is the least populated server.
    People come from birbs to harambe.
    The server gets full.
    People wait for a minute to get in.
    When they get in it's closed."
    So this actually means it's at least 10 less people as the server caps are lower than normal.

• Make Nolly Realm Great Again

I actually had my own idea for OA that I was gonna post today...idk if it's any better than this one 0-0
    Good work, 1+

Looks like your connection to Nilly's Realm was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.