New set for Phoenix Reborn.

This is a set I made that is based around the existing Wand of the Phoenix, and also the Phoenix Ring. I decided to make this set for a sorcerer, based upon the fact that there are no custom scepters in the game.

First of all, here is what the set would look like when it is all together (thanks to @OmgitsBurg for the outlined sprites and also the 8x8's):
    0_1475918169262_upload-7405ad05-1983-4ea1-8f65-8dcb125e2d87

So, now for the stats of the two new items (if you want to look at the existing items, look at the links to their wiki pages at the top):

Scepter: 0_1475918250057_upload-2751dde3-3518-414c-b572-c8a2e3abde37
    8x8: 0_1475918390884_upload-d091dfe2-aac0-4d24-994b-d97c092e160c
    Name: Scepter of Ashen Remnants
    Desc: Rumoured to have been found protruding from the ashes of a freshly reborn phoenix, this scepter still glows with the heat of the embers it was forged from.
    Tier: UT
    MP Cost: 80
    Targets: 8
    Range: 9
    Damage: 175
    Effect: Bleeding on enemies for 2 seconds
    Drop Rate: 0.003 or 0.3% (like the existing item drop rates)
    Fame Bonus: 5%

Why is this item unique?:
    This scepter follows the theme of fire by applying a bleeding affect on the enemies it hits (if there was a burning effect I would use that, but bleeding is similar). It would also be the first custom scepter to be in NR and due to the average mana cost, range and targets, it allows for the sorcerer to have an ability that is more damaging than usual due to the extra bleeding it causes. This means that the item is not too OP because the bleeding is not for long and it doesnt doo too much base damage, but means that it won't become an item that overpowers all of the other scepters to the point that they never get used.

Robe: 0_1475918546855_upload-853678f9-2322-4c4c-979c-d77eeb232ca1
    8x8: 0_1475918447478_upload-4dd19452-b8ee-421e-9b8a-a24d269976fe
    Name: Robe of Glowing Embers
    Desc: This robe was forged in the days of old from the hide of a Phoenix Lord. This ancient relic is as light as the ashes it was forged from, yet it is eerily strong.
    Tier: UT
    Stats:
    +20 DEF
    +10 SPD
    -5 WIS
    -2 DEX
    -3 ATT
    Drop Rates: 0.003 or 0.3% (like the existing item drop rates)
    Fame Bonus: 5%

Why is this item unique?
    I have changed this robe due to it being too similar stats wise to the esben robe, so please give feedback. This robe is based upon the speed of a phoenix, and it makes any robed class much better at rushing. The high DEF and SPD allow for the character to become much tankier than before, whilst the negative stat bonuses make this robe much more situational - it wouldnt be good to use if there was a need for high dps, as the negative stat bonuses take quite a toll, but the added SPD and DEF mean that it has become a lot better at being able to move quickly through large crowds of enemies.
    Overall, I havent thought of a set skin yet, but I'm not sure if it needs one. Please let me know if I've missed anything out due to the fact that this is my first proper item creation, and feedback would be appreciated :)

• @LagoonZz I dont know shit about sprites... But I like it.

• The Great Cabbage Thief

The wand is too big to have a high RoF, when you get around to it

• Howdy. Just a quick note:
    0_1475604314602_esben.png
    Sorry, Esben robe already took a "def to att" role.
    But in general, i really like it! The 2 second bleeding (for extra 60 dmg) makes your scepter deal 235 damage total with a little sprinkle of patience, feels like UH poison.

• +1 for smexy robe sprite ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@Vasya right okay I'll try and find another way of making the robe a bit more unique once i've eaten dinner

@Ashryver said in New set for Phoenix Reborn.:

The wand is too big to have a high RoF, when you get around to it

In what sense? I haven't changed anything about the wand, only made two new items.
    Do you mean that the robe gives it a higher rate of fire?

No I mean when you do the stats for the wand give it like a 70% Rate of Fire

@Ashryver Oh so you think that the existing wand is too overpowered at the moment then?

• The scepter is slightly overpowered, it causes bleeding to 8 targets in a radius of 9 for 80 mana. Then doing a base damage of 175. I think that it should be nerfed to 175 Base damage, 90 Mana, Bleeding for 2 seconds, 8 targets, in a radius of 5-6.
    This would slightly balance the scepter more, to prevent spamming it as much and the inability to camp in a courier while consistently using that large radius of the wand.

I didn't know that the wand was in the game, I'm dumb c:

Yeah it's over powered, the range nerf is too small

• @Jordas said in New set for Phoenix Reborn.:

The scepter is slightly overpowered, it causes bleeding to 8 targets in a radius of 9 for 80 mana. Then doing a base damage of 175. I think that it should be nerfed to 175 Base damage, 90 Mana, Bleeding for 2 seconds, 8 targets, in a radius of 5-6.
    This would slightly balance the scepter more, to prevent spamming it as much and the inability to camp in a courier while consistently using that large radius of the wand.

Imo, it isn't. You basically deal 235 damage with scepter.
    Look at fulmi - it costs 65 mp, it deals 180 damage, and slows.

It will cost 180 mp to deal 470 damage, while fulmi needs 130 to deal 360 damage. Then, one more fulmi cast, it will take 195 mp to deal 540 damage.
    Would you choose 180 mp for 470 damage, or 195 mp for 540 damage? Pretty noticable difference if you ask me.

If spammingly used, fulmi seems better. I think Lagoon's scepter should be left alone, but very deep inside, i kinda feel like it needs a liiitle buff, which i can't explain. i found one benefit: hopefully If code hasn't changed it, bleeding pierces armor. So his scepter will be useful against high-def monsters.

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@LagoonZz I mean I've read it but idgaf about the stats anymore it looks gorgeous and I want it added
    both items

Scepter reaaally reminds me of Dappertron's "scepter of judgement"
    0_1475606458247_upload-2f81b4d4-71f3-44c0-8ca0-162bc16e893d 0_1475606565080_upload-44009a0b-f7f6-46c6-8ca1-8dd8bf38da04

If it is based off of it, I wont judge. I've built my sprites off of his in the past, so I'd be a hypocrite if I did. x)

@Potman It was based off this scepter 0_1475606944270_upload-e0783aa7-4c50-4d7d-911a-9b018b561a81 but I added some pixels and changed the colour scheme so that it matched the rest of the set. I'd like to think that it has changed enough to be that I didnt copy the sprite, just used the original shape as a baseline and inspiration.

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@LagoonZz Holy crap, that looks near identical to a scepter I made >.<
    0_1475607143436_upload-ecfd69a6-f1d2-4ddc-a51a-be7495632358
    This is some crazy stuff x)

@Potman scepterception xD

Oh by the way does anyone know how to make the small 8x8 sprites?

• Scepters

Those sprites are top-notch dude.

@Fulmi Cheers :) I was actuallt pleasantly surprised at how good they turned out to be because I havent actually tried to sprite before.

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@LagoonZz Perhaps a 16x16 full set skin of a pheonix? :P just an idea

@ColdBlade I could try, but I'm not the best at making full out sprites with movement - but if theres already something I can base it off then I should be all good

• @LagoonZz
    Since Phoenix is a reborn type bird, perhaps it should get health related boosts?
    I'd also suggest that if you wear a full set, you will be revived upon death and lose your phoenix set, but i have mixed feelings about this, though i think it would be cool.

@Vasya said in New set for Phoenix Reborn.:

I'd also suggest that if you wear a full set, you will be revived upon death and lose your phoenix set, but i have mixed feelings about this, though i think it would be cool.

That'd have to make the drop rates a lot lower so that it wouldnt be abused, but I really like that idea.

@ColdBlade Would it count if I used the existing 16x16 sprite for the phoenix lord? I mean, it has all of the necessary sprites already, with the movement and attacks. I'd just have to make some that faced different directions so it would have all of the needed angles,

A bump and also a little note to say that I've changed the robe stats due to @Vasya helpfully letting me know that the Esben robe had similar stats.
    I'm not sure if I have made the stats a little too overpowered or underpowered, so please give helpful feedback.

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@LagoonZz said in New set for Phoenix Reborn.:

Oh by the way does anyone know how to make the small 8x8 sprites?

http://nillysrealm.com/topic/1333/pulling-sprites-off-rotmg-s-draw-tool

Looks like your connection to Nilly's Realm was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.