A New Way Of Stopping Scammers

• Everlasting Destiny

This is an idea that I came up with (influenced by a few others a while ago, I cannot find who they are but if/when I do I'll give them some credit) which should hopefully allow us to stop scammers without the need for admins (sometimes it seems like they're not there when they're needed). This idea will create a group of 'Trading Section Admins' that do not have the same power as admins do, but will allow them small amounts of power, such as to put people into groups. Time to explain:

Quite a lot of the scammers that have been found within nilly's have made alts whenever they were discovered. This makes it a lot harder for people - especially new ones - to avoid being scammed at every opportunity.
    This new group of people would consist of the forumers who are active, well known and trusted, such as Pringle, Hailtion, Wizardism, TurtleBat, Creeper, Davidri, ObamaBin and more (around 10 or so people who are well known and well respected (not tagging them cuz itll piss some people off (also just a suggestion doesnt have to be these people))). These people will be part of a new forum group that will be able to force forumers to be part of a group. This group will be a warning sign for any traders that the person in question has scammed before, and therefore will most likely deter the person from trading with them. This group will be IP based, so that any new account created to try and get away from the group will still be branded. The group name / symbol would also be locked, so they cannot just move groups and hide their scammer mark. They would be locked into that group so that everyone knows what they are.

In order to place the people in their groups, 3 or more members of the group must agree that there was sufficient proof that the person did indeed scam. This would then reduce the chance of a false accusation being listened to, and therefore would not endanger too many people to be stuck in the group without actually doing anything wrong.

The group will not actually hinder any people on their everyday forum use, but it will mark as a sort of 'brand' which would warn anyone else to steer clear if they were wanting to trade with them.

Tl;dr - put some people into a group who have the power to 'brand' scammers and lock them in a group which would warn others that they couldnt be trusted.

Helpful feedback would be much appreciated.

• Donor

@LagoonZz gud idea +1 0_1477338049941_a-ok.jpg

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@LagoonZz I like this. Admins don't care about scammers, so the "Trading Section Admins" are actually a great idea.
    +1

• Scepters

+1 Seems like a gud idea.

• Everlasting Destiny

@loudman42069 exactly - the admins dont seem to do many of the little things that make it easier for the players - understandable, they need to keep their focus on the bigger image, which is why this new group would allow for the finer details to be looked at

• @LagoonZz said in A New Way Of Stopping Scammers:

This is an idea that I came up with (influenced by a few others a while ago, I cannot find who they are but if/when I do I'll give them some credit) which should hopefully allow us to stop scammers without the need for admins (sometimes it seems like they're not there when they're needed). This idea will create a group of 'Trading Section Admins' that do not have the same power as admins do, but will allow them small amounts of power, such as to put people into groups. Time to explain:

Quite a lot of the scammers that have been found within nilly's have made alts whenever they were discovered. This makes it a lot harder for people - especially new ones - to avoid being scammed at every opportunity.
    This new group of people would consist of the forumers who are active, well known and trusted, such as Pringle, Hailtion, Wizardism, TurtleBat, Creeper, Davidri, ObamaBin and more (around 10 or so people who are well known and well respected (not tagging them cuz itll piss some people off (also just a suggestion doesnt have to be these people))). These people will be part of a new forum group that will be able to force forumers to be part of a group. This group will be a warning sign for any traders that the person in question has scammed before, and therefore will most likely deter the person from trading with them. This group will be IP based, so that any new account created to try and get away from the group will still be branded. The group name / symbol would also be locked, so they cannot just move groups and hide their scammer mark. They would be locked into that group so that everyone knows what they are.

In order to place the people in their groups, 3 or more members of the group must agree that there was sufficient proof that the person did indeed scam. This would then reduce the chance of a false accusation being listened to, and therefore would not endanger too many people to be stuck in the group without actually doing anything wrong.

The group will not actually hinder any people on their everyday forum use, but it will mark as a sort of 'brand' which would warn anyone else to steer clear if they were wanting to trade with them.

Tl;dr - put some people into a group who have the power to 'brand' scammers and lock them in a group which would warn others that they couldnt be trusted.

Cool beans 1+

@LagoonZz said in A New Way Of Stopping Scammers:

• @DrWhen //8char

• There are a couple of ways I can see this not working.

• Firstly: People can change their IP's with ease, so pinning something on one would be useless.

• Secondly: The reason we seem not to care about scams is that, at least in the case of RWT, we have warned people that if they get scammed they will get no support from us

• @DrWhen
    Scammers are usually brainless. Think of snicker; he was able to scam so much on the same account.. then he realised he could make another acccount. Although it wouldn't stop scamming, it would reduce the number of idiotic scammers and the scammers thread will stop being spammed by unanswered reports.

• Everlasting Destiny

@DrWhen Just because the admins aren't supporting WRT doesnt mean that changes cannot be made so that people who do want to RWT have an easier and better time doing so.
    This group would not consist of admins, and therefore you still wouldnt need to support RWT, and it would also reduce the amount of people complaining to you about getting scammed and other things that you do not have time for - the people getting scammed would report it to the trading section admins and therefore the actual admins on the server would have more time to focus on the more important parts of the server.

• Former Staff

make me admin

• ALLAHU AKBAR!!!

How to stop scammers?
    Call buyers to record all trades and nothing more...
    @Devon dont xd

• Everlasting Destiny

@maksimUT but the new people on the forums may not do that, and I know that I would definitely feel safer knowing that people accused of scamming were branded - it would remove the hassle of researching the person before trading with them.

• I agree this is a good idea i mean 90% of people are too lazy to unplug their router for 2 minutes or too stupid so i think this will stop a lot of scammers and then you could also make a tag for new people to the forum say 3 weeks so you cant just make a new account this doesn't stop scamming but it would help a lot i mean if you do those 2 things i doubt there will be much scamming unless the new trading admins get lazy and stop updating the list

Tl;dr new people tag i like the idea :P

• Everlasting Destiny

@epicpkerdude So you think that people who have joined less than a month ago need a tag on them? What would the purpose of that tag be?

• @LagoonZz so scammers cant make new accounts without anyone knowing so at a glance you can tell to use a middle man or make them go first

• @LagoonZz Horrible idea :3

• @epicpkerdude i have created an "unofficial middleman service" so people don't get scammed

• Everlasting Destiny

Bumparoo.

Looks like your connection to Nilly's Realm was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.