Macro Nilly Script

• Metronome

@hieeeeeee +1 Halp us noobs pls

• Trusted Veteran

@hieeeeeee said:

Still not sure where do paste this script. Are you saying I have to write my own script? Also not sure how to make a macro without excel. (I'm new to to this so sorry if I sound stupid)

If you are on a Mac, you can not use Winter's AHK script in Keyboard Maestro, AHK is Windows, I have heard of an Iron AHK for Mac which is apparently able to run AHK scripts, but I have never tried it, and won't be trying it any time soon.
    Keyboard Maestro, is a paid app, for free automation options on Mac, you have in-built 'Automator' and 'Apple Script editor', and 'Yes', you will need to write your own scripts.

Basic Keyboard Maestro to Nexus:

At the bottom of Macros - click on the + to create a new Macro
    In the editor screen - click "No Action" to bring up "Actions" options screen.

(1)
    Give your Macro a name - Nexus
    Click on the '+ New Trigger' and click on 'Hot Key Trigger' and press the key you wish to use for your Hotkey. Should be set at, 'is pressed'

(2)
    Find and click on "Interface Control" folder in Actions/Categories.
    Drag and drop 'Type a Keystroke' into the "No Actions" area
    Selection should be "Return" by default, leave it as this.

(3)
    Find and click on "Text" in Actions/Categories.
    Drag and drop 'Insert Text' below the keystroke command you just set.
    Should be set on "Insert text by pasting", if so, leave it as this... if not, select it in the drop down. Type your command here i.e. /nexus

(4)
    Repeat actions in (2) below your last action (3)

If the action is happening too quick, or lag causes the commands to act quicker than the game screen can receive them, place a 0.5 second delay before and after the insert text, to give a slight pause between commands... adjust as necessary.

You know, Google would do you wonders if you tried researching things you would like to know about, instead of asking questions and potentially waiting hours or days, waiting for someone to reply, especially when asking about Mac - Just saying.

Applescript is a given, and scripts work quicker in my honest opinion, and if you set a good script you can then use automator to assign your shortcut/hotkey via system preferences - Keyboard - Shortcuts .. for free ;)

• This post is deleted!

• I used a macro for typing /nexus and entering it. But... It didnt work for me and I lost my archer. Any Idea why it didnt work?

• Donor

@jamojunier said:

I used a macro for typing /nexus and entering it. But... It didnt work for me and I lost my archer. Any Idea why it didnt work?

What browser you use ? (Because only google chrome work. )

• @Winter I was using google chrome. I may not have used it succesfully to be honest.

• Donor

@jamojunier You used .exe or .ahk ?

• Admin

Why not use GroupAdd and make a Window Group, so that you don't only check for Projector and Chrome, and include Firefox and other browsers?

• @IntactAbid said:

Thanks.
    I set the hotkey to R.
    I went in a trench then got paralyzed.
    I spammed the R key and nothing happened.
    I closed the game, came back and my knight was dead.

Do not forget it works when you press 'r',so that maybe you were typing something after that you pressed r so that it didn't work.Also r makes this software unstable because of whenever you use r key it will send you to nexus or you'll get dc

• @Cyeclops said:

@hieeeeeee said:

Still not sure where do paste this script. Are you saying I have to write my own script? Also not sure how to make a macro without excel. (I'm new to to this so sorry if I sound stupid)

If you are on a Mac, you can not use Winter's AHK script in Keyboard Maestro, AHK is Windows, I have heard of an Iron AHK for Mac which is apparently able to run AHK scripts, but I have never tried it, and won't be trying it any time soon.
    Keyboard Maestro, is a paid app, for free automation options on Mac, you have in-built 'Automator' and 'Apple Script editor', and 'Yes', you will need to write your own scripts.

Basic Keyboard Maestro to Nexus:

At the bottom of Macros - click on the + to create a new Macro
    In the editor screen - click "No Action" to bring up "Actions" options screen.

(1)
    Give your Macro a name - Nexus
    Click on the '+ New Trigger' and click on 'Hot Key Trigger' and press the key you wish to use for your Hotkey. Should be set at, 'is pressed'

(2)
    Find and click on "Interface Control" folder in Actions/Categories.
    Drag and drop 'Type a Keystroke' into the "No Actions" area
    Selection should be "Return" by default, leave it as this.

(3)
    Find and click on "Text" in Actions/Categories.
    Drag and drop 'Insert Text' below the keystroke command you just set.
    Should be set on "Insert text by pasting", if so, leave it as this... if not, select it in the drop down. Type your command here i.e. /nexus

(4)
    Repeat actions in (2) below your last action (3)

If the action is happening too quick, or lag causes the commands to act quicker than the game screen can receive them, place a 0.5 second delay before and after the insert text, to give a slight pause between commands... adjust as necessary.

You know, Google would do you wonders if you tried researching things you would like to know about, instead of asking questions and potentially waiting hours or days, waiting for someone to reply, especially when asking about Mac - Just saying.

Applescript is a given, and scripts work quicker in my honest opinion, and if you set a good script you can then use automator to assign your shortcut/hotkey via system preferences - Keyboard - Shortcuts .. for free ;)

I actually figured out this on my own but I was really disappointed on how slow and poorly this works. I expected it to work like the regular rotmg key bind. For this you can't move while using it, and it isn't good at getting out of those bad situations in the realm. Is there is really nothing faster than this?

• Trusted Veteran

Automator can bind hotkeys to your system preferences, automator is already on your system.

• Donor

This post is deleted!

• Does anyone have the link to this?!

@tonny Why would you use it tho?
    Just press R.
    It works for me.

Isn't this a necrobump since the topic isn't pinned?

@Halloweenie I think that download threads can be bumped too.
    Not sure.

• @Jack-the-Ripper said in Macro Nilly Script:

@tonny Why would you use it tho?
    Just press R.
    It works for me.

I usually do but this server being down thing just makes me not want to.. Who likes waiting 30 minutes in queue? :/

Looks like your connection to Nilly's Realm was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.