Maps in progress thread
This post is deleted!
you do not have enough privliges for this action... fix this so i can put this up please?
A sprawling (442x467) map created mostly outside the map editor. This is the first map I've shared. The preview visible above doesn't reflect the important details, sorry!
It's not meant to be played outside of dream worlds. I remember Davidri doing something like that once.
- White sprite world tiles and "Empty" tiles (which hopefully act like the void in a Sprite World)
- A ton of sprite trees
- A load of red skulls, puppet wizards, crawling green spiders and yellow swarms, distributed randomly
- Northeast: a pentaract, 2 Phoenix Wrights, a Pacman, 7 scarabs and 2 bloated mummies
- Southeast: Boshy, 8 Langoliers, ice and Evil Water
- Northwest: 4 Abyss Idols and 4 Asylum Loot Eyes
- Southwest: Son of Arachna and his eggs (most of which are probably too far to count as alive to him)
A 32x32 arena map.
Players spawn in the green area, monsters in the yellow and bosses in the red.
- Plenty of walls to hide behind
- Large map
- Large areas where monsters cannot spawn
- Predictable boss spawning
- No damaging tiles
- No slowing tiles
- Plenty of rough edges to get stuck on
- Poor UH wand and trap coverage
- Edges of the arena pretty much equidistant from the center, which makes it hard to agree on the corner to hide in
Since the maps I post are completed, where am I supposed to post them when this thread is for maps in progress?
why did this have to be bumped is it not obvious maps will not be added
@WackyLeo they can try atleast
Would like feedback, if anyone can play it. I'm not very experienced in the map maker.
Has anyone seen a thread that teaches what a map should always have, what technical stuff not to do, what a name can change etc. to point newbies towards?
@Warp Also do you used a special server to test levels?
Here's an updated version of the level, still very WIP.