How to make a design ideas post
Because of the amount of people making horrible posts about overpowered items with horrible sprites and a wall of text with no editing skills, I proudly present how to not fail at making a design ideas post.
Step 2: Think about whether this is actually needed in the game. Here's a list of things we don't need.
- Swords that armor pierce, boomerang, or you have to set up a minefield with. Swords in general aren't really needed.
- Daggers. We have enough daggers.
- We don't really need any more wands, but we could use some more unique ones.
- Staffs. Unless they're really unique, no staffs. We have enough.
- Bows. No bows unless they're really unique. We got enough op bows.
- Rings. You can put in some rings that no other ring can offer, but we do have a crap ton of them.
- Armors. We have a crap load of armors. Only if they're really unique.
Here's a list of things we do need:
- Ability items. Any ability items that are unique. Please make them.
- Katanas. We need more katanas. Please.
Step 3: Balancing
- Make sure it does not turn you into a god. Never have a drop rate above 1%, especially if it's extremely unique and awesome.
- Make it unique. For example, we don't need another staff that shoots from all directions.
Step 3: Spriting
- Read this crap. It tells you how to sprite well.
- Shade. For the love of god, SHADE!!
- Don't make your sprites have the same exact shape as other sprites. It's boring and dull.
Step 4: Double checking
- Make sure you have no grammatical and spelling errors. Check to see if you have everything on the format guide.
- Check your sprites. Did you use a unique shape? Did you shade? Does it look appealing?
- Check your balancing. Is it extremely op? Is it horrible? Is it a direct upgrade to something else?(This is bad, by the way.)
Step 5: Post
Congrats. You're done! Hopefully people will like your item. Take the criticism and use it. Don't call it harassment and then call critics fags. Man up and change your idea. After reading this guide, you will have good ideas that will be well-recieved by the community and hopefully get accepted into the game.
10/10 guide, would guide again.
Back on topic:
So simple... And yet it explains everything. +1
Isnt there already a post about this? I think shadyman made one or something
@Replica I included it in here, but no one really reads it...
Bump not a necro
@Pyrouge Somehow this slipped past me before. Thank you. There needs to be a pop up when you start writing a thread with a link to the format...