Nilly why?

• After countless people donated to the game he is neglecting it,this is unacceptable all the donators are being played they cantplay the game they practically payed for...

• JOINED MARCH 17, 2016. one of thoses cases when i see whitestar begging like light blue 200k id... please act like you been here for nearly 2 years.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=donation
    and this.
    http://nillysrealm.com/topic/16386/forums-back-up-some-info-on-what-is-going-on-with-this-site-game

be glad you had server running up for FREE untill now. yes they paid to have server up and running. yes they expected nothing in return.

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Weed

welp guys is nillys dead fr sure or is it being patched I need to know if its not being fixed im killing my self ign @baconey

• Creativity Cafe ☕

DONATION

Donations don't garentee a game will stay up, they only help support the game stay up. If you donate, it may help a lot, but if something like what is happening right now happens, then donations really mean nothing. I'm truely sorry for anybody that donated out of the goodness of their heart just to have the server go down, but everything has an end. If you donated thinking the server would be forever, then that's on you.

Think of it as a Twitch streamer. You can donate to him all you want, but if he looses passion, has his equipment break, or even dies, then the livestream (server) will go down. You're supporting the servers life-time at the moment that you donate and perhaps to the next month. Once your money is used up, it doesn't mean too much to the server or livestreamer. YOU HELPED PAY FOR A MONTH OF NR AND YOU GOT A MONTH OF NR. No donations have been done recently. Also, money isn't even the problem in this situation.

Nilly doesn't want the keep the project going because he personally doesn't want to. He's likely to make the source public if he doesn't find a personal friend who'd take it off his hands. The public source takers will fight to make the most popular NR server and then people of the NR community are going to likely either join that one, or there will be two popular NR servers and the community will be split. In the end, your donations weren't meaningless. You helped keep the server up.

This kind of attitude is acceptable to donators because in the end it's a donation that was used for the aid of the server. You can only help something so much, and in this situation your help just isn't going to really fix the problem.

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Weed

is server done for pringle?

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@caden963

Very likely yes, I'm sorry to tell you.

That being said, this very likely isn't the end for the engine and such, as it's likely to go public.

Take a shot every time I say likely.

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Weed

pringle im literakky crying why is nilly being such an asshole he had so much inspertaion did his mom suck his dick and he found out ehat real world was or something?

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Weed

@pringle you there bud?

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@caden963 You know, after that last thing you just said I'll just be leaving this topic.

On second thought, I'll stay a little.

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Weed

what hes being an asshole

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@caden963 He isn't doing it to piss you off. If he were to keep working on the server without passion, he'd be miserable. This is a fun project he started up on the goodness of his heart. Calling him an asshole for droping a fun project of his is inconsiderate. There are many mixed emotions when something you love goes away, and right now the community has to go through the stages of grief.

Me? I've already accepted this. You just need some time to think about this stuff. You're letting your emotions comment for you without logically thinking of everything and putting yourself in the situation of how you'd deal with it.

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Weed

@pringle im just going to kill my self ok?

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@caden963 If you want to kill yourself when a private server goes down, I'm sure you have more problems then just the server going down.

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Weed

no im pretty sure I just lost about my hole life to that game and now its down wtf man @pringle

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@caden963 You invested your life in a private server? Do you not have more games? You need to download steam if not.

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Weed

isn't there an alt pserver u can play with no download if so u can please tell me @Pringle

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@caden963 You could check out Project B. It's not exactly balanced, but you can have a real fun time with friends, or just yourself if you (cough) don't have any.

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Weed

cost money -.-

• so... is this the end or not?

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Weed

that's what everyone is saying atm :(

• @Pringle said in Nilly why?:

@caden963

Very likely yes, I'm sorry to tell you.

That being said, this very likely isn't the end for the engine and such, as it's likely to go public.

Take a shot every time I say likely.

well, he says its not "the end".

I agree with @Pringle and I'd like to write a massive as fuck piece of writing about stuff most of you wont read, but to those who do I only just ask you to consider what is being said, and do not waste what life has given you. Thanks.

Donations should have been done out of the goodness of people's hearts, and in my opinion there shouldnt have even been a donator perk. Although it would have meant that there would have been a lot less money coming in, it would have meant that only those who cared about the wellbeing of the game would have given money. Unfortunately, that wasnt the case and you got many people donating the bare minimum in order to skip the queue, because many people can be greedy like that :(.
    And now the fact that people are using the fact that they gave money as a point of leverage is riddiculous. You didnt give a deposit, that would be paid back later. You didnt make an investment, that would give you a profit in the long run. You gave money of your own free will, fully aware that you wouldnt get it back, so stop being a whingy little bitch and appreciate what was given to you. ( @PapaPvP123 this isnt just directed at you, but everyone that makes these idiotic posts).

Honestly, though, you all need to learn to appreciate what life gives you in this day and age. You play this game, meaning you have a computer, and internet access, and you made a post about it, in comprehensible english, meaning that you received some sort of education. You likely live in a house, and have enough food to live, probably more, enough to treat yourself. Since you have a computer, I am sure you have other small luxuries too, like access to hot water to clean yourself in, and clean drinking water, and medical attention when it is needed.
    Now think about those who do not necessarily have those luxuries in their life. Think about those who maybe aren't as fortunate, who don't even know that the internet exists, let alone what to do with it.

I dont mean to sound like one of those adverts that requests a donation of $5 per month to help those struggling to live with what they have, but that is the point. Even those adverts ask for donations. Those donations help others survive. You don't expect those people to pay you back ,because it is an act of charity, of goodwill, and that is exactly what the donation here is. It is an act of goodwill, and you made it consciously, so accept what you have done and be glad that you made what is here a possibility for that little while longer.

Jesus fuck I need to stop writing. But this is how I feel. And I feel as though it should be voiced, because too many people these days take too much and give so little.

And for some odd reason ive just become real fucking emotional, so ima go now before I spout even more nonsense and stuff I'll regret later. :/

• Wiki Editor

Let's keep it to simple terms: it's dead.

Like what @LagoonZz and @Pringle have stated: nilly never had to work on this. This was all because he had a good heart and he had the desire to run this pserver to spread that joy. Now, he's simply tired of this place and really wants to stop it.

Or his new year's resolution to end NR, hmm.

What about me?

I moved on. It was pointless to stay here for so long. Yeah, it's a blast, but some things don't last forever.
    It's best to not dedicate oneself to something so much that it just kills you in the end.

Where to go though...?

Project B was floating around my guild's Discord for a load of time. Decided to give it the spin myself.
    Unbalanced as hell, but you'll get used to it.

I know many of these are restatements, but I'm just writing them again, dunno why

• Creativity Cafe ☕

@Creeper said in Nilly why?:

Project B

But... whyyyy

• Wiki Editor

@ColdBlade I'm getting used to the [jesus christ they're so bad] sprites.

In all honesty, it's the only other sort of decent private server that doesn't completely lag like holy fuckers (I'm looking at you rotmg tool) and the owner actually does shit for the community like the cwc's that just passed by (thank god they saved my proj b career lmao)

Looks like your connection to Nilly's Realm was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.