Git Good Practices

• Admin

Git Good Practices

These are some things we want you to follow when contributing to the client / server repository:

• Never commit to master or production, in this case the branches will be locked so it shouldn't be an issue.

• Create a new branch everytime you start working on a new feature, absolutely don't mix work on the same branch, when you're done and you have thoroughly tested your code you can submit a Pull Request.

• PRs can be reviewed and merged only by me and @nilly, feel free to comment on them though.

• Branches should always be based on master, long running branches are a bad idea, and they make the repository's network a mess. A good way to handle this is to delete a branch as soon as it's merged into master.

• Issues are there for a reason, use them, if you get an idea, find a bug, or whatever else, but you don't want to work on it, submit a new Issue and properly label it. If you work to fix an Issue you can reference it in your commit, to let others know that it might be closed.

• Do not wait until you're done before committing, commits are a good way to checkpoint your work, it's easier to find and revert issues if your work is neatly separated. Many small commits > one big commit.

• Absolutely no stupid commit messages. A commit message needs to let the reviewer / fellow coder know what to expect in its content in a few words. No stuff, stupid fix #2, ...

• Formatting is important. Please take a look at the style present in the source and follow it as best you can.

If we find you violating these practices in a way that we deem unacceptable we reserve to remove your access to the repository

• Closed Tester

Would it be allowed if I created a testing server for my self for testing here so i dont RIP the code and just copy it if i am deving?

tyty

• Old Phags

@Crash_Man said in Git Good Practices:

Would it be allowed if I created a testing server for my self for testing here so i dont RIP the code and just copy it if i am deving?

tyty

If you knew anything about github or even fully read the info in the two threads here you'd know the answer.

• Closed Tester

@Saddoge-New look fam i'm kinda numb rn so idek

• Added a bullet about formatting.

• Kool Kiddos

isis is gonna bomb core one of these days.

Looks like your connection to Nilly's Realm was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.